Extremeskins

Current Skins Cap for 2006 is 101.6 million

skinswin'emALL

Saw this posted on nfl-fans.com - hope it hasn't already been posted

http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

Notes:

* Patrick Ramsey is still on the chart

* Brandon Lloyd doesn't have a cap # on this chart yet

* SB for Randle El, Carter and Archuleta are not as large as reported -- they are about 5 million less than reported each, with 1 mil "SB/ roster bonuses" due each year over the next 5 -- this gives the team more flexability and options.... so the "true" SB for these 3 was 16.5 collectively... not 31.5 as reported...

Saw this posted on nfl-fans.com - hope it hasn't already been posted

http://www.thewarpath.net/WarpathRedskinsCap.htm

Notes:

* Patrick Ramsey is still on the chart

* Brandon Lloyd doesn't have a cap # on this chart yet

* SB for Randle El' date=' Carter and Archuleta are not as large as reported -- they are about 5 million less than reported each, with 1 mil "SB/ roster bonuses" due each year over the next 5 -- this gives the team more flexability and options.... so the "true" SB for these 3 was 16.5 collectively... not 31.5 as reported...[/quote']

Almost, but not quite accurate. Next year most of those guys also have 5 mil option bonuses, meaning we can take the hit as a roster bonus or convert it into a signing bonus, allowing us to prorate it over a longer period of time. Its part of the standard "Eric Schaeffer Special". ;)

Almost, but not quite accurate. Next year most of those guys also have 5 mil option bonuses, meaning we can take the hit as a roster bonus or convert it into a signing bonus, allowing us to prorate it over a longer period of time. Its part of the standard "Eric Schaeffer Special". ;)

right - that's why they word is a roster bonus (counts entirely against that years cap at the moment and gives the team the option to turn it into a "SB" that can be spead out over the remaining year of the contract IF the team needs it to.

You stand at 101.6 in a cap of 102.5?? Ramsey will give you about 1.6 million in more space,, but when you add in LLoyd,, that would prob make that a wash. My question is, does this 101.6 include the money to sign your draft picks? You will need roughly 1.5-2 million in space to cover that with your limited number of picks this year. Seems to be that your front office is betting that no one gets hurt, cause you dont have enough room to bring in anyone. If you are 1 million under including your draft class money, that would be good, if not, some one gots to restructure not to mention if you want to feel any more holes thur FA.

For those intersted, the we still have about 11 million on the cap left for 2006. According to my sources, our 2006 FA signings INCLUDING Terrell amounts to approximately 12.5 million against the 2006 cap.

I hear from the different forums that we are looking at Josh Brown (K-Seahawks), Adam Vinaiteri (sp?) (K-New England), and Julian Petersen (LB-SF 49ers). I believe Julian Petersen will be visiting Dallas on Monday.

hmm, they have Dockery in the chart for dead cap money. Isn't that only for players NOT on the team?

And under contracts it looks like Archuleta's signing bonus is 10 million yet when you look under contracts it looks like 6 million.

Am I reading this wrong?

You stand at 101.6 in a cap of 102.5?? Ramsey will give you about 1.6 million in more space,, but when you add in LLoyd,, that would prob make that a wash. My question is, does this 101.6 include the money to sign your draft picks? You will need roughly 1.5-2 million in space to cover that with your limited number of picks this year. Seems to be that your front office is betting that no one gets hurt, cause you dont have enough room to bring in anyone. If you are 1 million under including your draft class money, that would be good, if not, some one gots to restructure not to mention if you want to feel any more holes thur FA.

we have no first round pick, the 2nd rounder won't be much, and the 2nd day picks' contracts won't even count towards the cap

right - that's why they word is a roster bonus (counts entirely against that years cap at the moment and gives the team the option to turn it into a "SB" that can be spead out over the remaining year of the contract IF the team needs it to.

Edited last response... I dont have time right this second to give this a proper answer, but option bonuses and roster bonuses are not the same thing. I'll get back to it later

they can still rework and or convert over contracts to free up to another 10-12 million if they NEED to -- the key to what they do is thay do it as they NEED to, not just because they CAN.

Arrington's deal did so much more for us than they could have hoped for (this is why Pastabelly and King are so PISSED about it) it created 4.4 million this year -- basically equal to the "hits" for Archuelta, Carter and Randle El (4.8 Million) combined. It also wiped out his futre hits of 6.4, 9.3, 11.6, 11.4, and 13 million. That a ton of cap room created with one move.

they can still rework and or convert over contracts to free up to another 10-12 million if they NEED to -- the key to what they do is thay do it as they NEED to' date=' not just because they CAN.

Arrington's deal did so much more for us than they could have hoped for (this is why Pastabelly and King are so PISSED about it) it created 4.4 million this year -- basically equal to the "hits" for Archuelta, Carter and Randle El (4.8 Million) combined. It also wiped out his futre hits of 6.4, 9.3, 11.6, 11.4, and 13 million. That a ton of cap room created with one move.[/quote']

Godbless Arrington and his money hungry agents. They don't get any more money if he stays in DC. With him a FA they get another contract, well not Carl, to negotiate and get a portion.

Archived