Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO without the WCO?? Thoughts??

powerANDgut

TO has been in the WCO his entire career with SF and Philly. Does anybody think that he might have trouble with an offense such as Dallas? Will he simply just be replacing Keyshawn as the posession receiver, probably not? Dallas seemed to have a passing attack that tried to go downfield a lot.

Does anyone think this switch so late in his career will have an impact? He is a beast on the field but he might have some learning pains. Not only with the scheme but also with his immobal QB.

I'm assuming he'll be used exactly as Keyshawn was used last season, so there won't be much adjustment from their side of things. Interesting point though about a receiver transitioning out of the WCO into another form of offense, especially since the WCO is designed around quickly hitting guys in stride to make the most out of runs after the catch. Are there any examples of that transition being difficult for a player that come to mind? I can't think of any...

Thoughts? I'm disgusted. He will dominate. Kid yourselves if you want to. I won't.

He has the ability to dominate. But remember, this is not the Eagles 2004 team that TO is joining. He was the missing piece to that puzzle

McNabb is a better QB then Bledsoe at this point in his career. Will Bledsoe have time to throw the ball? What happens if Drew goes down, TO is gonna catch Tony Romo sits to pee or Drew Henson's passes?

Andy Reid is a better offensive coach then the offensive coaching staff in Dallas. Will the lack of a real expiernced o-cordinator hurt TO at first?

Lots of questions in Dallas this fall, that did NOT exist with the Eagles in 2004

Terry Glenn was uncoverable at times last year. Witten. Julius Jones. That offense is going to be sick. You guys are crazy.

To be honest, I am not too worried about an offense that scored 20 points total against, 7 of which came on a flea flicker, the other 7 when the Redskins were up 35-0

With or without TO that offense will have trouble moving the ball against us, unless their o-line dramatically improves from last season

The Redskins managed to contain TO fairly well in the 2 games he played in 2004 with the Eagles. 2 years older and in a worse offense (that 2004 Iggles O was a machiene) I am not shaking in my boots here

To be honest, I am not too worried about an offense that scored 20 points total against, 7 of which came on a flea flicker, the other 7 when the Redskins were up 35-0

With or without TO that offense will have trouble moving the ball against us, unless their o-line dramatically improves from last season

The Redskins managed to contain TO fairly well in the 2 games he played in 2004 with the Eagles. 2 years older and in a worse offense (that 2004 Iggles O was a machiene) I am not shaking in my boots here

POSTS LIKE THIS MAKE NO SENSE!!! Don't use 2005 in any way when thinking how the 2006 Cowboys will be on offense. TO changes everything. Freaking Todd Pinkston was uncoverable with TO on the team in 2004!!!

I hate TO and I hate the Cowboys but get ready to see a ridiculous offense in 2006.

If he will have no impact why is it that T.O. threads make up 30% of this site. Just leave it alone. Were the Cowboys a team on the cusp of winning a SB before T.O.? No but we may have been atleast a playoff team last year minus a key injury here and a break or two there. All that most Boys fans are saying is that adding arguably the games best receiver makes the Cowboys better and more dangerous on offense-- simular to you guys adding Santana Moss who before last season faced many doubts about even being a ligit #1 or big enough. It's not rocket science-- when you add a weapon like this.. you become better. Some of the comments made by you guys only dig a deeper hole of DENIAL! It's so obvious yet you can't see it.. which makes it funny.

That was an offense without Flo Adams, a rookie RT, and only 1 downfield threat.

Fast forward to this year, FLo Back, Fabini to play RT, Owens (top 2-3 wr in league), and you can see why this may be a little more dangerous of a team.

Stop living in denial. These are just the facts. I am sure the Redskins defense will hold its own, but the Cowboys are much more dangerous with TO.

You're assuming pass protection, aren't you? Even re-tooled, the Cowboys' O-Line scares no one.

Last years line, with injuries, was just pathetic.

Look at the Impact getting Janson back had on your OL last year.

Now input Flo Adams (a top 5 LT) back into the lineup and Jason Fabini (a guy who played LT and is at his best at RT) into this years line.

You think Bledsoe is going to get sacked 49 times this year?

I'm sure nobody is less concerned about losing the WCO than TO is right now. The guy could play in the NFL using an Austrailian rules football offense and still dominate.

The Skins have the defense to contain him (not shut down), so I still think we will beat Dallas at least once next year, but I think his addition will net them an extra 2-3 wins overall if he and the rest of their offense stays healthy. Every game in this division will be absolutely critical.

Last years line, with injuries, was just pathetic.

Look at the Impact getting Janson back had on your OL last year.

Now input Flo Adams (a top 5 LT) back into the lineup and Jason Fabini (a guy who played LT and is at his best at RT) into this years line.

You think Bledsoe is going to get sacked 49 times this year?

In one word?

Yes

Terry Glenn was uncoverable at times last year. Witten. Julius Jones. That offense is going to be sick. You guys are crazy.

Julius Jones sucks, he's the worst RB in the NF EAST. Terry Glenn didn't even want to pursue the ball after he saw Sean Taylor coming his direction. Jason Witten is good, but trust this year he will be covered up.

Look, TO undeniably makes Dallas better. However, the same arguement against Brunell can be thrown at Bledsoe here. He's not getting any younger. Julius Jones had unbelievably high expectations last year and did not deliver. Barber and Jones splitting carries might work, though usually not so well. Getting Adams back will help undeniably, and the O-line as a whole will improve, possibly dramatically.

Bottom line, the Boys almost made the playoffs last year, and should make them this year. The NFC East is gonn abe the best division in football, no ifs, ands, or buts. No question. There is the potential to have four playoff-quality teams in this division. I do see the Giants taking a step back as Tiki can't do this three years in a row, can he? But I see the Skins improving, Dallas improving, and Philly improving through health. That's a crazy division.

The bulls-eye is no doubt on Julius Jones this year. He has to stay healthy #1, and produce #2.

One of the major problem with the Cowboys the past few years was no one was scared of being beat deep against us. That should change as now both wrs can take it deep. This will prevent teams from stacking 8 in the box, like what happend last year.

TO should have a big impact on our entire offense, running game especially.

The bulls-eye is no doubt on Julius Jones this year. He has to stay healthy #1, and produce #2.

One of the major problem with the Cowboys the past few years was no one was scared of being beat deep against us. That should change as now both wrs can take it deep. This will prevent teams from stacking 8 in the box, like what happend last year.

TO should have a big impact on our entire offense, running game especially.

It should all work together like that. The onus is definitely on Jones, you're right about that. If he can't produce with these weapons, I'm not sure he ever will. Ken, let me ask you this, the only problem I see with Dallas' approach is that it seems to be boom or bust. If you don't make and win the Super Bowl in, say, 2 years, you don't seem to have a lot of young players in the pipeline aside from Jones, Crayton and Witten on offense. Is this Parcells trying to win one before he goes out?

That was an offense without Flo Adams, a rookie RT, and only 1 downfield threat.

Fast forward to this year, FLo Back, Fabini to play RT, Owens (top 2-3 wr in league), and you can see why this may be a little more dangerous of a team.

Stop living in denial. These are just the facts. I am sure the Redskins defense will hold its own, but the Cowboys are much more dangerous with TO.

What about the first game last year?

You bring in Fabini who is another Parcells lackey from the Jets. Yeah, huge improvement there. We brought in Andre Carter

Like I said in my post, the Redskins handled T.O just fine in 2004 when he was with a better offense with the Eagles

Will FLO be the same FLO he was before? Hell he doesn't even scare me because I have seen a 40 year old Bruce Smith take his lunch from him right in front of me

If you look at the matchups, our D matches up very well against the Cowboys offense. Slow footed QB who holds the ball too long against a D that loves to blitz. Terrific cover corners and a dominant FS. A d-line which can stop the run

Is T.O a threat? Sure, he is a damn good WR and improves the Cowboys talent on the field. Will he make the huge difference against the Redskins that Girls fans think he will? I don't think so

It should all work together like that. The onus is definitely on Jones, you're right about that. If he can't produce with these weapons, I'm not sure he ever will. Ken, let me ask you this, the only problem I see with Dallas' approach is that it seems to be boom or bust. If you don't make and win the Super Bowl in, say, 2 years, you don't seem to have a lot of young players in the pipeline aside from Jones, Crayton and Witten on offense. Is this Parcells trying to win one before he goes out?

I do think that Parcells' age and contract have a lot to do with signing TO. However, I don't think it is the only factor. What I stated in my previous post, is a fact that has plagued our offense for years. The inablity to have a threat that people had to gameplan for. There really wasn't any other guy like that out in FA. TO solves that issue, albeit with a lot of risk.

The age of our offense is a concern. We don't have a young qb of the future on our team. We don't have a young wr of the future who has #1 ability. And our line isn't a bunch of spring chickens.

This is one of the reasons why I think there is a chance we take a QB or WR in the first round this year. I personally would take Santonio Holmes and never look back.

Our Defense, on the other hand, is extremely young. Ferguson and Ellis are the oldest guys on it.

What about the first game last year?

You bring in Fabini who is another Parcells lackey from the Jets. Yeah, huge improvement there. We brought in Andre Carter

Like I said in my post, the Redskins handled T.O just fine in 2004 when he was with a better offense with the Eagles

Will FLO be the same FLO he was before? Hell he doesn't even scare me because I have seen a 40 year old Bruce Smith take his lunch from him right in front of me

If you look at the matchups, our D matches up very well against the Cowboys offense. Slow footed QB who holds the ball too long against a D that loves to blitz. Terrific cover corners and a dominant FS. A d-line which can stop the run

Is T.O a threat? Sure, he is a damn good WR and improves the Cowboys talent on the field. Will he make the huge difference against the Redskins that Girls fans think he will? I don't think so

If you haven't figured out that former Parcells players play well for him by now, I'm not sure you will ever get it.

Ryan Young was the only one that didn't produce.

Keyshawn was very good for us.

Terry Glenn- Very good for us.

Richie Anderson- Pro bowl with us.

Aaron Glenn- Very good for us.

Drew Bledsoe- Very good for us.

Jason Ferguson- Very good for us.

Eric Obogu- good for us.

I will also add that they all came at very good prices except Fergy.

I have no doubt that Fabini will be an outstanding addition.

As far as your defense goes...I have a great amount of respect for it. I think Greg Williams is the best DC in the league right now. Having said that, I would rather have TO on our team going against it.

Simple as that.

Archived