Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about Bramlet?? later potential?

ranger6202

My high school actually played Bramlet my freshman year in WYO. He's not a bad QB and he did alright at UW. I remembered hearing that he got week 4's offensive player of the week, so i figured i'd look it up:

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/8420795

"Through the opening four weeks of the season, Bramlet has thrown for a league-leading 801 yards and 4 touchdowns. He tops the NFL Europe League with a 97.0 passer rating."

What do you guys think? A potential Roethlisberger? or maybe a good backup?

My high school actually played Bramlet my freshman year in WYO. He's not a bad QB and he did alright at UW. I remembered hearing that he got week 4's offensive player of the week, so i figured i'd look it up:

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/8420795

"Through the opening four weeks of the season, Bramlet has thrown for a league-leading 801 yards and 4 touchdowns. He tops the NFL Europe League with a 97.0 passer rating."

more likely another tim hasselbeck.. but you never know.. guys develop at their own pace. few people thought green would ever be as good as he is...

"Hey", from the southeast corner of the state. I was thrilled when the Skins signed Casey. I've watched him several times at UW. As much as anyone I'd like to see him have a breakthrough season. But alass, I don't think that that happens often enough. The NFL would rather recycle players and coaches than get guts and try something or someone that lacks pizazz and reputation. Warner was lucky someone was desperate enough to look at the AFL and give him a chance. And look what happened. And now, even when he's history he still hangs around. Just my biased opinion. But I'd like to see these teams even get courage enough to NOT sign a player like TO. Keyshon etc etc. Yea, I know it's big business, and lot's of $$ is involved but still......!!! Sorry, I sorta got carried away. Cheers to Casey!

I would rather have the experience in Saunders system with Collins than the new Bramlet. We dont need anymore potential than we have with JC.

3rd string QB is only 2 plays from being a starter. Not doom predicting just reality.:(

"Hey", from the southeast corner of the state. I was thrilled when the Skins signed Casey. I've watched him several times at UW. As much as anyone I'd like to see him have a breakthrough season. But alass, I don't think that that happens often enough. The NFL would rather recycle players and coaches than get guts and try something or someone that lacks pizazz and reputation. Warner was lucky someone was desperate enough to look at the AFL and give him a chance. And look what happened. And now, even when he's history he still hangs around. Just my biased opinion. But I'd like to see these teams even get courage enough to NOT sign a player like TO. Keyshon etc etc. Yea, I know it's big business, and lot's of $$ is involved but still......!!! Sorry, I sorta got carried away. Cheers to Casey!

So are you in Laramie? I'm originally from Kemmerer (southwest) but i'm going to college at Utah State.

I agree on the earlier comment on Jason Campbell, i can't wait to see what kind of potential he'll amount too!

3rd string QB is only 2 plays from being a starter. Not doom predicting just reality.:(

No Kidding!! Look at what happened to the Jets. Its not every day you have to sign a backup quarterback yesterday to go into the game tomorrow. But it does happen.

It's no doubt true that Bramlet is here in part to provide another arm for training camp work. But it's also true that the Redskins chose him and not someone else.

Gibbs is very old school about this. He doesn't care about how much a player is paid or when he was drafted. If Bramlet wants to be the next Trent Green or Kurt Warner, all he has to do is go out and do it. Prove that he is special and not just another not good enough QB whom no one wanted last season.

Anyway life is funny. Sometimes the three lock QBs in March don't make it to September. It's silly how much people fret about Mark Brunell's health. Being healthy right now is about as good as it ever gets in the NFL. Brunell could play all 16 games and the playoffs without injury. Jason Campbell is one play away from the end of his career. It's way too soon to talk about whether Bramlet will make the team.

So are you in Laramie? I'm originally from Kemmerer (southwest) but i'm going to college at Utah State.

I agree on the earlier comment on Jason Campbell, i can't wait to see what kind of potential he'll amount too!

I think Campbell will be fine. I really hope he's ready to play soon, it kills me waiting to see. But I hope IF Casey hangs on and gets a chance he's at least respectible.

I'm in Cheyenne. :logo: Not mant Skins fans here, all Broncos, and I'm an avid Broncos hater

If he was Roethlisberger he would have already shown himself to the league by now. I think Delhomme or Warner would be better comparisons if NFL Europe does infact help this kid. I think he might be good to keep on the practice squad if he does well over in Europe. Collins and Brunell are both getting up there in age so it wouldn't hurt to groom him as a backup.

If he was Roethlisberger he would have already shown himself to the league by now. I think Delhomme or Warner would be better comparisons if NFL Europe does infact help this kid. I think he might be good to keep on the practice squad if he does well over in Europe. Collins and Brunell are both getting up there in age so it wouldn't hurt to groom him as a backup.

I don't think he is in Europe. That was last year.

yeah Europe was last year. He was drafted by the Bengals, and they sent him to Europe. That addy i posted was from his first and only year in Europe, and he did a pretty good job as not only a rookie to the nfl, but a rookie starter in europe nfl. For the post earlier asking who this guy was and if we even signed him...yeah we did sign him....."Casey Bramlet signed with the Redskins in January 2006 as an unrestricted free agent. Bramlet served as the Cincinnati Bengals' third quarterback in 2004, but was released by the team in September 2005. He played his college ball at Wyoming."

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15569

Here's the official statement of signing him:

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=15219

• 1 month later...

Krenzel was the perfect #3 QB because of his smarts and clipboard holding capabilities. But Bramlet was a better #2 QB because of his playing abilities. However, that was not needed, because they had Kitna. That's why they went after Bramlet after Carson went down and before we picked him up.

Archived