Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we hated?

Thanos

Well, that's exaggerating, of course. But, from a PR standpoint, those two issues do ring in the minds of many minorities and other sympathizers.

That's probably fair--and it's too bad that those feelings still have traction. The 'Skins are such a different team than they once were--and I don't want to get started with the name issue. People are always entitled to their opinions. It just be nice if they tried to reevaluate them from time to time.

Well, the longer you hang out here, the more of that you'll see here as well especially when we weren't winning games--if you're masochistic, go back and check the archives from the 2004 season. Lots and lots of ****ing and moaning.

Many here do have B&G glasses, though there are many who are perenial malcontents and pessimists. Of course, the people who are the most confident tend to be the loudest (on here and on opposing teams messageboards--think about it why would you go to another team's board to say "we suck, etc."), and tend to be the ones that other fans take notice of even though they may (and usually aren't) reflective of most of the fan base. The vast majority of 'Skins fans, as reflected on this Board, and reflected by people I know, fall somewhere in the middle--sort of how you've described yourself as you relate to the Eagles front office.

Good points. However, I think that you guys would have more reasons to be pessimistic lately. The fact that alot of Eagles fans on the boards are saying that we'll suck next year and that the front office is terrible is just ludicrous. You'd think that last year was the reality and the previous 5 years under Reid were just the exceptions. You see, for Eagles fans before this current sucess under Reid, we're all just so use to losing that I find it hard to brag about any success that the Eagles have. I just don't want to screw it up. I think alot of Eagles fans would agree with me. And as far as going to other boards and being ****y, I don't see that from the other Eagles fans on here. In the Around the NFL section, the Eagles fans in there: Number5, Who Del, Westbrook36 all seem level headed and just have good discussions.

Good points. However, I think that you guys would have more reasons to be pessimistic lately.

If Gibbs weren't in charge, I'd agree with you. Gibbs is viewed by many as a demi-god. We love the guy as though he were a family member--I know I do. But if Norv or SOS were in charge, you'd find a much, much more pessimistic membership.

And as far as going to other boards and being ****y, I don't see that from the other Eagles fans on here. In the Around the NFL section, the Eagles fans in there: Number5, Who Del, Westbrook36 all seem level headed and just have good discussions.

No doubt. I should have been more clear. What I meant is that most of the loudest people on other message boards (i.e., the trolls and/or pseudo trolls) are the ones who most people remember when thinking of a fan base. There are some decent Eagles fans on ES. Not to mention Tom and HeHateMe.

It's pure jealousy. The rest of the NFL hates us because Redskins fans love their team more than any other fans love any other team. We have the best fans in sports, hands down. Longest waiting list for season tickets in sports - most consecutive sellouts - one of the top 2 or 3 most valuable franchises in sports in the WORLD (if we're not still number one) - and the list goes on and on.

The season ticket wait list thing says a lot to me about Redskins fans. Same with TV ratings: the top 20 TV shows in DC last year were ALL Redskins related!!! How amazing is that? We love our team unlike any other city. It's something really special, and the rest of the league wishes they had the same thing.

It's pure jealousy. The rest of the NFL hates us because Redskins fans love their team more than any other fans love any other team. We have the best fans in sports, hands down. Longest waiting list for season tickets in sports - most consecutive sellouts - one of the top 2 or 3 most valuable franchises in sports in the WORLD (if we're not still number one) - and the list goes on and on.

The season ticket wait list thing says a lot to me about Redskins fans. Same with TV ratings: the top 20 TV shows in DC last year were ALL Redskins related!!! How amazing is that? We love our team unlike any other city. It's something really special, and the rest of the league wishes they had the same thing.

I love the Skins as much as anybody, but this statement is absurd. It may have been arguably true once, but not anymore. Fedex has never been like RFK. Our sellouts continue but the stands are often not full, and all those yellow seats are viewable because the non-hardcore corporate ticket people are at the plush bar. We've have so much turnover of players and coaches, and we've many mediocre seasons. Tickets, parking and concessions are outrageously priced.

By the way, I don't blame the current state (as I see it) on any of the people on this board. We are the faithful.

Sadly, I can no longer make the argument that the Redskins have the best fans in the NFL...even though many, many fans are totally committed. I just think many are bandwagon fans sitting in corporate-owned seats.

And besides, even if it was true, this is a crazy statement:

The rest of the NFL hates us because Redskins fans love their team more than any other fans love any other team.

Archived