Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we hated?

Thanos

Man, glancing at some other teams sites and sports board one would think that the Skins were the worse thing ever in the NFL. Do they hate the team, its history or Synder?

These clowns ignore 10-6, 5-1 in the division and a playoff win.

I'm starting to think that Synder getting those Redskins radio stations is a brilliant move to get "our" POV across.

Man, glancing at some other teams sites and sports board one would think that the Skins were the worse thing ever in the NFL. Do they hate the team, its history or Synder?

These clowns ignore 10-6, 5-1 in the division and a playoff win.

I'm starting to think that Synder getting those Redskins radio stations is a brilliant move to get "our" POV across.

Ask yourself why does everyone hate the USA, The Yankees, Man UTD, etc. Same reason.

:logo: 4 Life!!!

It has nothing to do with the money or the free agents you guys bring in. I think you're giving yourself a little too much credit. The main reason you're hated?

You're the ****ing Redskins. It's not that hard to hate you guys. ;):silly:

This from an Eagles fan... :doh:

Because we are looked at as the NFL's version of the Yankees. That's why even if we win the championship we won't be "legitimate." "You bought a Super Bowl," they'll say.

I ask the critic: Would YOU want to win if you owned an NFL franchise and had the money to buy the best players and coaches? If the rules allow it, why not?

No one on the Redskins is advocating dishonesty. But don't get your feathers ruffled because someone beat you in a race. Eat humble pie and work harder for the next race. Maybe you'll win.

It has nothing to do with the money or the free agents you guys bring in. I think you're giving yourself a little too much credit. The main reason you're hated?

You're the ****ing Redskins. It's not that hard to hate you guys. ;):silly:

Spoken like a true Eagles fan :laugh:

Pardon?!?!? explain to me how the eagles are any better- especially their fans. eagles fans are the most notorious jacka$%'s in the nfl. Slashing tires of opposing fans, throwing beer, getting into drunken fights... there's somethin to be proud of. eagles do not have something called integrity, which everyone in the nfl knows joe gibbs is famous for. the eagles have the only stadium with a COURTROOM. enough said.

oh wait one more thing? how many super bowl titles do the eagles have???

My friends who are Giant, and Hawk fans think we are heading into the abyss.Funny thing when anyother team makes these sort of moves the adjectives are different.Proactive, forward,thinking are the like the like.But we are spoken as if the team was started in 2000 and Synder hit the Lotto or something.

I can't wait to start the playoff run.

Pardon?!?!? explain to me how the eagles are any better- especially their fans. eagles fans are the most notorious jacka$%'s in the nfl. Slashing tires of opposing fans, throwing beer, getting into drunken fights... there's somethin to be proud of. eagles do not have something called integrity, which everyone in the nfl knows joe gibbs is famous for. the eagles have the only stadium with a COURTROOM. enough said.

oh wait one more thing? how many super bowl titles do the eagles have???

Whoa......i thought that was a myth.....the eagles stadium actually has a court room in it? Bottoms up boys... :cheers: heres to servin time in eagle country for my beloved skins.

They are hated right now because everyone believed the reports that the 'skins were in cap hell. Everyone else just doesn't get the fact that those reports were wrong, and your front office had everything under control. Because of this, people think Snyder is somehow paying players under the table since they feel there is no way the 'skins have this much cap space. Wrong as it is, that's probably whats going on.

Do you need to ask why the NFC East teams are hating right now? Same division, and we're jealous since our teams are somewhat sitting back and taking their time to do anything.

If the Giants would just go ahead and sign a DT or LB, I'd be fine. The 'skins and browns spending sprees have me on edge however, making me think the Giants GM is working too slow.

Oh, and the Giants fans are mouthing off more then the Cowboys fans because the Giants have the best chance of beating the 'skins. Unless the Cowboys make some changes, well......I think you see where I'm going with this :cheers:

The reason the Skins are hated is simple: Dan Snyder.

He's viewed as a noveau riche twerp with a Napolean Complex. Fans across the league see him as this jock sniffer who bought a team so he could pay all the jocks to like him.

The Skins are no longer viewed as a football team but as an extension of Dan Snyder's ego.

So, knowledgable fans look at Randle El and say, "Hmm...nice player...good guy...brings some interesting dimensions to the game...but not really a 'star.' I figure he'll end up in Chicago with something like a $5 to $6 million dollar bonus." And then Danny pays him more than the Steelers gave their #1 receiver last year. So everyone says, "There goes Snyder again....overpaying for his toys."

The fact that he has only had one decent season during his tenure ('99 doesn't really count since he really wasn't in charge yet) adds to the mystique that he has no idea what he is doing but is still screwing things up for the rest of the league. It will take about five to ten years of winning to erase this image.

If you notice, Jerry Jones is as much a jerk as Snyder. But people forgive him because he won three Super Bowls before the paint for his parking space was even dry.

We've got nearly 75 years of history, and have been a staple in the league the entire time. Recognizible team, highly supportive fans, well known owners... Not many other teams maintain a public image like the Redskins have for this length of time. You can name a star from every decade for the Skins; can anybody do that for another team over 70 years?

Archived