Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we take D'qwell Jackson now in draft ?

bryceb07

He will be gone in the early portion of the 2nd round, I think.

He can play both MLB and WLB, just like Lemar. One of them would play inside and the other on the weak side.

I have long been advocating a trade that would move Ramsey and our 2nd rounder (#53) to the Jets for their 2nd rounder (#35). We would miss out on a 4th-5th round, but we would hopefully pick up a player in D'Qwell (or Demeco Ryans) who can start and make an impact for us. It's not particularly realistic since it requires Ramsey to have mid-3rd round pick value, but with a little tweaking it could get done. Maybe include Taylor Jacobs or David Patten...

I would rather we get Tapp if he is available.

DeQwell is a bit undersized for either LB spot and so is Marshall. I don't particularly like the idea of having 2 230 lbs LBs starting.

THat being said I certainly wouldn't complain if we got him.

230 is perfectly normal for an OLB.

I would like Jackson alot, but I think CB might be a bigger need for us with that second round pick. (depending on what other free agents we sign obviously)

Guest santana4prez

John Abraham had a meeting with coaches in DC which means we are in the running for him. We might not have a 2nd rd pick , if we do I would take Jackson or Tapp.

Randle El was one of the premier free agents on the market, and was one of six players visiting Washington yesterday, along with defensive end Andre Carter, safety Adam Archuleta, quarterback Todd Collins, defensive end John Abraham and Fauria. Abraham, a top pass rusher who is being shopped by the New York Jets, was scheduled to have dinner with coaches and team officials last night, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/12/AR2006031201424.html

Archived