Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ultimate Dynasty

SkinsNoles21

This is not a prediction as to what will happen, this is what the entire Redskins organization is working for...

After reviewing the Redskins roster as well as our recent free agent acquisitions I have come to the conclusion that the people in charge of the Washington Redskins are attempting to put together something bigger than any of us would ever dream of. A dynasty that rivals that of the Yankees. Not because of the way the Yankees spend money, but because they are team that is the among the best, if not the best, every year. Snyder, Gibbs, Saunders, Williams don't just want a Super Bowl, they want an organization that becomes legendary. Each one of these men individually, have been incredibly successful. Synder- billionare business man, Gibbs-Hall of fame coach and much more, Saunders-arguably best OC in the game,Williams-arguably best DC in the game. They are attempting to build an amazing team that will be remembered forever. All organizations proclaim to attempt that, but few really do. Next year being the third year, an vast improvement and trip to the SUPER BOWL once again is what they expect to happen, not because they are ****y, but because they work as hard as possible to make it happen. Below is not a depth chart, it is a list of the players, and their age, that are the backbones of the franchise and the majority are signed for a while. With the cap only increasing 7million more next season, i see no reason why they all won't be around for a while.....hence dynasty..

J. Campbell 24 R. Thomas 30

C. Portis 24 C. Griffin 29

C. Cooley 23 L. Marshall 29

S. Moss 27 M. Washington 28

B. Lloyd 24 C. Rogers 24

A.R. El 26 S. Taylor 22

R. Cartwright 26 A. Archuleta? 28

C. Rabach 28 A. Carter? 26

J. Jansen 30 J. Abraham?27

Samuels 28 J. Salavea 30

D. Dockery 25 S. Springs 31

People say we overpay or give up to much, but we don't...we go after the players we want to represent the franchise and we make sure they don't play for anyone else. Last year we overpaid Moss...this year people would do anything to get him on their team. It quite possibly will be a repeat with players like Jason Campbell, Brandon Lloyd, Randle El. These men aren't idiots they are brilliant and they know what they are doing. They are hand picking these players after endless hours studying. The Redskins could not be in better hands and players know it...soon the rest of the football world will realize it to....:logo: :logo:

on a side note Joe Gibbs has out a book. I bought it when he came back to the team...It gave me goosebumps when I read it, because I don't really remember the Old Joe Gibbs days and , after I read it i knew things were going to turn around in Washington

i like the younger players, but i also prefer the dynasty be build more through draft than free agent pickups. the teams that can groom their own seem to always be the constant names mentioned in super bowl conversations (namely the patriots and colts, most recently)

They are players that are still very young, why can't we groom them just because of the way we acquired them. Also their are a good amount of players on that list that were drafted.

for some reason, i think when a player is drafted to a team, they feel the initial commitment to the team (aka, they get paid big time for the first time)... once players go through free agency, the nfl becomes more of a job and not a trust. doesnt it always seem like players almost always play their best on the team that drafted them, not the team that picked them up after they wore out their welcome? certain exceptions of course, but its just my general feeling.

for some reason, i think when a player is drafted to a team, they feel the initial commitment to the team (aka, they get paid big time for the first time)... once players go through free agency, the nfl becomes more of a job and not a trust. doesnt it always seem like players almost always play their best on the team that drafted them, not the team that picked them up after they wore out their welcome? certain exceptions of course, but its just my general feeling.

I think those certain exceptions are Santana Moss, Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, definitely Cornelius Griffin, the list could go on

i like the younger players, but i also prefer the dynasty be build more through draft than free agent pickups. the teams that can groom their own seem to always be the constant names mentioned in super bowl conversations (namely the patriots and colts, most recently)

I would not include the Colts in any Dynasty talk.

A perennial contender maybe.

You need to actually win the Big One to be considered a Dynasty.

I think those certain exceptions are Santana Moss, Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs, definitely Cornelius Griffin, the list could go on

shawn springs had pro bowl years in seattle, and look at griffin's season two years before we picked him up.

griffin was considered a bust before he came to washington and Springs was thought not to be the player he once was....

definately not a bust but not an elite DT like he is now, with the GMen he was an above average DT with tons of potential.

This is not a prediction as to what will happen, this is what the entire Redskins organization is working for...

After reviewing the Redskins roster as well as our recent free agent acquisitions I have come to the conclusion that the people in charge of the Washington Redskins are attempting to put together something bigger than any of us would ever dream of. A dynasty that rivals that of the Yankees. Not because of the way the Yankees spend money, but because they are team that is the among the best, if not the best, every year. Snyder, Gibbs, Saunders, Williams don't just want a Super Bowl, they want an organization that becomes legendary. Each one of these men individually, have been incredibly successful. Synder- billionare business man, Gibbs-Hall of fame coach and much more, Saunders-arguably best OC in the game,Williams-arguably best DC in the game. They are attempting to build an amazing team that will be remembered forever. All organizations proclaim to attempt that, but few really do. Next year being the third year, an vast improvement and trip to the SUPER BOWL once again is what they expect to happen, not because they are ****y, but because they work as hard as possible to make it happen. Below is not a depth chart, it is a list of the players, and their age, that are the backbones of the franchise and the majority are signed for a while. With the cap only increasing 7million more next season, i see no reason why they all won't be around for a while.....hence dynasty..

J. Campbell 24 R. Thomas 30

C. Portis 24 C. Griffin 29

C. Cooley 23 L. Marshall 29

S. Moss 27 M. Washington 28

B. Lloyd 24 C. Rogers 24

A.R. El 26 S. Taylor 22

R. Cartwright 26 A. Archuleta? 28

C. Rabach 28 A. Carter? 26

J. Jansen 30 J. Abraham?27

Samuels 28 J. Salavea 30

D. Dockery 25 S. Springs 31

People say we overpay or give up to much, but we don't...we go after the players we want to represent the franchise and we make sure they don't play for anyone else. Last year we overpaid Moss...this year people would do anything to get him on their team. It quite possibly will be a repeat with players like Jason Campbell, Brandon Lloyd, Randle El. These men aren't idiots they are brilliant and they know what they are doing. They are hand picking these players after endless hours studying. The Redskins could not be in better hands and players know it...soon the rest of the football world will realize it to....:logo: :logo:

on a side note Joe Gibbs has out a book. I bought it when he came back to the team...It gave me goosebumps when I read it, because I don't really remember the Old Joe Gibbs days and , after I read it i knew things were going to turn around in Washington

Yes, that is exactly what Gibbs does and yes, we have a great owner. I was trying to educate the younger fans about this a while ago but there was just no trust or respect for us that had seen this happen before.

I tried to put Synder in perspective but people were just to angry to give him a break. He was a new owner who was learning. He wasn't going to do everything right but he was trying and he was learning.

I'm glad everyone, specially the younger fans, are getting a chance to experience this again.

Synder is our new Cooke and Gibbs has put the rest in place. Gibbs is just methodical about what he does. He will continue to fill the wholes.

Griffin was considered a bust only because he hadn't lived up to expectations. He was still an exceptional player when we got him, just not as spectacular as people had predicted he would be.

I agree that we need to build this team more through the draft. I have no problem with being aggressive in FA, especially with the way our FO has worked the cap. I suspect we will never be in cap hell so however they wish to build this team is the right way to build this team.

As for Dynasty talk, how can you dismiss the Colts as dynastic when we are heralding our team as potentially being the greatest dynasty ever? We haven't done anything yet.

Also lets not forget the 49ers in the 90s. That was a dynasty

P.S. Hands11, I really hope the google thing on your sig is a joke.

Once the foundation is in place, then they will do more of that. Eventually, we will start to hit the cap but we will have all the players we need so we will start to accumulate picks again. It will come back into balance over the next 2 years.

Archived