Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ARE signing = Snyder marketing GENIUS

NomadicSkinFan

I know quite a few people have been complaining about the size of the contract, but I think Snyder is extremely intelligent with how he has formed contracts in the past. Due to the signing bonus, we know that Randle El has a minimum of a 1.65 million cap rate every year for 7 years. I would imagine that we is earning the minimum salary for the first 3 or so years, so his actual cap numbers for the first several years will probably be slightly over 2 million. This salary is very reasonable for the skills that ARE brings to the team.

But, on the surface, this looks like a gigantic contract. How many FAs or future FAs do you think are looking at this contract and saying "wow... I want to be a Redskin". Dan Snyder built a marketing empire because he understands the power of perception. While FAs drool over the contracts we are handing out and other teams fans make fun of us; We are actually being extremely intelligent at putting ourselves in the forefront of every players mind. I personally love what we are doing.

I would imagine that we is earning the minimum salary for the first 3 or so years, so his actual cap numbers for the first several years will probably be slightly over 2 million.

But, on the surface, this looks like a gigantic contract.

I think you may have something here@!!@!!!! :applause:

:doh:

Just about any contract you see signed, especially by us, is mostly signing bonuses and roster bonuses, with virtually no chance of seeing the last years of the contract, i.e. when salary goes sky high.

7 years 31 million is realistically 5 years at 20 million. By that 5th year, they will be cut or restructured.

I'm sure guys do like hearing those big numbers in their press conferences and on TV.

Archived