Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bentley...what happened?

tr1

The description below is a bit vague...does anyone really know what happened? Were the Eagles ever really in it? Where'd this doctor rumor come from?

Eagles Lose Bentley to Cleveland

http://earlyword.blogspot.com/

This just in: The Cleveland Browns have signed Pro Bowl center LeCharles Bentley.

Despite newspaper reports this morning that Bentley would be an Eagle by now (see next item), this morning's rumors have proved to be true. In Philly, word began getting out with a message posted by Birds spokesreporter Dave Spadaro on the team's message boards: "Just to let you know, and I will post it soon: At 10:19 a.m., no visitors are scheduled. There are some visitors around the league. Bentley, for instance, is visiting Cleveland. If you wanted him, apparently he could be headed for the Browns." His next: "I called to get my update and instead of hearing that a player is visiting, I heard that nothing is scheduled. Bentley is going to Cleveland at this point." Then: "Sorry, but I'm not kidding and I'm not happy."

Later Early Word added this: A Cleveland Plain Dealer message board has this post: "Per Sirius NFL RADIO 124, 11:20 AM..Bentley has signed a 6 year deal w/Browns, 12 Million in guaranteed money! GREAT MOVE!!!!"

On her mid-morning Saturday show, WIP's Rhea Hughes reported hearing Bentley's visit to Philly last night was postponed because a doctor wasn't available for the exam, so the Saints center, who went to high school and college in Ohio (Ohio State), decided to check out what the Browns might offer. Update: About 1:30 p.m. Hughes said on WIP that the Eagles deny doctors were unavailable.

I heard the doctor rumor this morning, but it was quickly retracted. Certainly don't know its origin.

Everything Bentley is saying leads me to believe he was about Cleveland the whole time. If the Eagle talks were ever legitimate, it seems Bentley initiated them to pump up the market.

Either way, a lucrative contract would have brought him to Philly. Steve Hutchinson will be the only consolation. I had already cosidered, accepted, and embraced the idea of a roadgrater like Bentley in the middle of our line. I can't make myself accept Honey Buns again.

I know exactly what happened.

The Eagles signed no one of importance today.

Well, Thanks for that!

This is indeed an unusual day!

Usually the top free agents run to Philly, don't they?

NO DOCTOR???? = FLY, EAGLES FLY,ON THE ROAD TO FRUGALI....TY!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Thanks for that!

This is indeed an unusual day!

Usually the top free agents run to Philly, don't they?

NO DOCTOR???? = FLY, EAGLES FLY,ON THE ROAD TO FRUGALI....TY!!!!!!!!!!

It was only two years ago we signed Jevon Kearse and Terrell Owens. Both of those signing flopped, but at this stage in the game, they were as big as any that offseason.

Your jokes about the Eagles are pretty lame. With all the material you have to work with, you could certainly come off as a lot more clever.

It was only two years ago we signed Jevon Kearse and Terrell Owens. Both of those signing flopped, but at this stage in the game, they were as big as any that offseason.

Your jokes about the Eagles are pretty lame. With all the material you have to work with, you could certainly come off as a lot more clever.

The biggest joke is on you and your team. Bentley could have went to a team that will be in serious contention next year(or so you eagles fans say), but instead chose the Browns. Good for them, cuz they run the ball

TO AND KEARSE WERENT FLOPS,TO HELPED THEM MAKE IT TO SB WITH THE ENERGY HE BROUGHT TO THAT EAGLES TEAM B4 HE IMPLODED lol:eaglesuck

Archived