Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Implications of Today's "Targets"

rvan1

If Brandon Lloyd is going to cost the Skins the 3rd round pick then they are down to a 2nd round, a fifth, two sixths and a seventh round pick. If the rumour on Ramsey is correct then Skins will only get a fifth round pick (old news could have been updated by now). If the Skins sign Andre Carter and Archuletta then there's still need for CB, blocking TEs and a dire need for back-up on the OL. We haven't seen Skins looking for any OL depth in free agency so I'm guessing that they'll be looking for the OL in the draft. I guess they will have to package some of those fifth and sixth round picks to move up. Do we really want the primary back-ups on the OL to be 5th or 6th round rookies? They'll need time to develop.

I'm not sure LB is perceived as a need-- we still have Holdman (however much we think he pales in comparison to Lavar), who the coaches must find at least tolerable; and we still have Chris Clemons at LB, too.

We don't still have holdman, he's a UFA. I agree Clemons and possibly McCune could fill the hole, there. Interesting to see how much reliance Saunders puts on TE, whether or not we draft a TE. Sounds like our WR corps is going to be rediculous. I definitely agree that our later picks should be used for O-line. But after we get ourselves our #2WR and possibly a TE, we need to reserve some $$$ to help bolster the Defense.

Tight End, Corner, or Linebacker will be the 'Skins second rounder.

Dominique Byrd is my guess, followed by D'Qwell Jackson and Cedric Griffin.

Well, they are saying the Linebacker Depth in this draft is the biggest it's been in decades. So, I can see us going for a Linebacker in the second round and getting a quality Linebacker. Or maybe Joe Klopfenstein or Nick Mangold.

I'm gonna differ with you folks on the 2nd rounder - how about a bigger DT that can be a run stuffer and a person who soaks up double teams... I have heard the draft is deep in DT.

We need someone who can play the NT position if we go to the 3-3-5 or 3-4 schemes at times... plus a good hefty body to help take some of the heat off of Griffin who can be rotated with the other DTs....

Or a DE-- just please can we keep the 2nd rounder!!!

I havent seen any interest on our part for a blocking TE yet while Royal is visiting other teams. That seems to me to be a reasonable position to fill with a 2nd round pick.

That's what I think. The #2 will be TE since the draft has some good quality first year impact type TE's. The rest of the draft will be the OL & DL.

Archived