Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Muslim Cartoon reactions/Fred Phelps rant

#98QBKiller

After the Muslim world's reaction to the Danish cartoons, I can't help but to lump them in with other religious fanatics. I realize that the people burning down KFCs and McDonald's restaurants in Pakistan do not represent the entire religion, but they give people negative perceptions of Islam.

First of all, someone should tell them that McDonald's and KFC are American corporations, not Danish corporations. Second of all, the cartoons were poking fun at the violent reputation of Muslims. So in response, thousands of Muslims loot cities and burn **** down? Way to show the Danes that they are wrong.

I'm sick of the sheepishly cautious sympathy that is being shown for religious fantatics in the name of "not offending anyone." The violent Muslims setting embassies on fire are the equivalent of that closet homo, Fred Phelps....they ruin the reputation of their religion and the people who practice it peacefully.

Those McDonalds and KFC have been burned down like 4 times in Karachi

I remember in 1998 being over there when they reopened the place, only to tell my cousin that "they'll be back"

It always stuns me that this crap can happen in Karachi, because I have seen the very "I want to be an American" side of that city and haven't ever bumped into the fanatics while over there

Archived