Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did the union concede anything in the extension?

stevenaa

I keep hearing points that the owners gave in on, but nothing on what the players gave in on. Seems to have been rather one sided. I've heard talk that when the last CBA was agreed too, they purposely crafted it so that not extending it would be much more painful then working it out. The pain was supposed to be shared, but it doesn't seem so. Does anyone know if the Union compromised on anything, other than going from 60% to 59.5%?

My roomate and I were just talking about this. Upshaw repeatedly stated his number "started with a 6" and what, it ended up at 59.5 correct? The owners I believe started at around 56%....looks like Upshaw gave up virtually nothing from his stance. I may be wrong though, so many numbers were tossed around it was insane.

My roomate and I were just talking about this. Upshaw repeatedly stated his number "started with a 6" and what, it ended up at 59.5 correct? The owners I believe started at around 56%....looks like Upshaw gave up virtually nothing from his stance. I may be wrong though, so many numbers were tossed around it was insane.

Cash over Cap came down a lil bit, not sure how much. I think NFLPA started at 60.3, so they came down a few points. not sure what else they fell back on. Bu ti always thought they had upper hand.

What is the definition of "revenue" now-a-days?

Weren't the players asking for increased revenue (from all sources) ??

Wonder if they got their higher percentage AND the increased revenue stream.

YES they got both..... but the were to get more money due to the deal NFL made for TV rights. But the also got bigger %. :laugh:

Archived