Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Dubai Firm Gives Up Bid

visionary

One of the key items the left and the National media continued to leave out of the debate. Arabs weren't going to be inspecting cargo and loading and unloading ships.....Good ole' fashioned USA longshoremen were. Of course, with this added to the context of the debate.... the Left wouldn't have had something to rail Bush about now would they? The Liberal Left... the enemy within.

Left wing liberals enemies such as: Sarge, Air Force Cane...

I don't know what their motives were but if I take their words at face value, then yes the democratic leaders are racists.

I think racist is a bit hard, and I think going this road makes you just as much a victim as those who were sucked into opposing this. I can see how people label it bigotry(hell I probably said it on here atfirst), but I think it was more hysteria.

But I think they were just playing politics, if a democratic president did this none of them would have complained. I don't think they had any problem with it in principle just playing politics.

You were right at first, then went wrong then ended correct. Lets look at were your wrong and assume the president was a democrat and in his second term durring a mid term congressional election year. If the democrats main strength was national security and they had taken some national security political hits lately, and this deal surfaced among the talking heads and they were railing about how dangerous it is. If the RNC was trying to gain ground on them on national security by running with the hysteria generated by the talking heads by joining in opposition. Then I guarentee you the DNC would have done exactly the same thing the RNC did.

A propaganda blitz hit the people and both parties latched on for national security points, the dems cause they need any NS points they can get and the repubs cause they dont want to give up an inch of NS to the dems. Regardless of who was in power if the roles were reversed both would have done the exact same. The only way I could possibly see the dems not doing what the repubs did would be if NS was not on the radar of the voters, then being in power the dems would have probably wouldnt have complained. The key would be if NS was on the campaign table or not.

I think racist is a bit hard, and I think going this road makes you just as much a victim as those who were sucked into opposing this. I can see how people label it bigotry(hell I probably said it on here atfirst), but I think it was more hysteria.

You were right at first, then went wrong then ended correct. Lets look at were your wrong and assume the president was a democrat and in his second term durring a mid term congressional election year. If the democrats main strength was national security and they had taken some national security political hits lately, and this deal surfaced among the talking heads and they were railing about how dangerous it is. If the RNC was trying to gain ground on them on national security by running with the hysteria generated by the talking heads by joining in opposition. Then I guarentee you the DNC would have done exactly the same thing the RNC did.

A propaganda blitz hit the people and both parties latched on for national security points, the dems cause they need any NS points they can get and the repubs cause they dont want to give up an inch of NS to the dems. Regardless of who was in power if the roles were reversed both would have done the exact same. The only way I could possibly see the dems not doing what the repubs did would be if NS was not on the radar of the voters, then being in power the dems would have probably wouldnt have complained. The key would be if NS was on the campaign table or not.

You make good points here, racist may be too strong of a word. Though racism is clearly a part of it. The most disturbing thing about all this was the hysteria. It seemed like everyone decided to put away logic and just become angry at everything. No mattter how the Dubai company was going to improve security no one was going to listen.

Archived