Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins/Madden 2006

RedskinsFan28

Hey guys. I recently entered a Madden 2006 Summer League at GameCrazy. I am going to play mostly on XBOX and maybe on PS2. I play the game and all, and I was wondering exactly how should I set my depth chart (TE/H-Back, Backup WR's, I don't use Gardner). Also, sort of a Strategy Guide/Playbook to practice and perfect until May hits. I'd appreciate any feedback. School limits me to how much I play now, but next week is Spring Break and I will have nothing else to do but play Madden, and watch March Madness.

That would really be ridiculous if they make you play without updated rosters, since they underrated pretty much the entire Redskins team when the game first came out. It's been so long since I've played with the actual default roster I can't even remember what that was like, however if there's any real tip to taking over a Madden game, especially against other people, it's to establish the run- Portis is a good RB, and Betts is a solid back up when Portis gets tired, so I would run routes to the outside a few times, then maybe a few inside runs, and use those to set up a play action pass or two on first or second down. It helps to run a few plays out of the same formation- keeps the defensive AI on it's toes and it doesn't know whether to stack the box or keep the safeties back, after more than a few running plays I can usually depend on the safeties coming in, leaving Moss one-on-one for a play action. I also recall Gardner being a solid target I think, so you may want to consider putting him back into your depth chart as #2 or #3. QB wise, Brunell at default sucks pretty bad, so I upgraded him from the get-go on my roster, but I heard Ramsey is alright with his throwing power, so if you aren't big into the Precision Passing system I'd just go with Ramsey for his cannon arm that you can bomb deep, just be wary of his awareness and vision on the field. If I were you I'd just do the practice mode A LOT next week- learn the playbook, which formations you like the most, which players you like best in different spots in the depth chart, etc. It also helps you to see what your defense is like when you play against them, so that's an added bonus. Just practice, practice, practice man.

First off, use Ramsey over Campbell and Brunell. With Moss, you're going to need the arm strength to really get the ball out there. Use the Denver Offensive Playbook and the 4-3 defense. Leave Cooley in as a FB(his stats are better that way), then just substitute him in as a TE on Singleback plays where only 1 TE is in. They have a lot of nice running plays in their playbook, a lot of nice PA's, and plenty of nice routes for Moss to use his speed. Also, try sending Cooley and Portis out of the backfield every-so-often.

On defense, practice using Sean Taylor. When you're good at being a safety, it allows you to stop the pass MUCH better while running a 4-3 defense and being able to keep 7 guys on the line at all times.

Hope this helps.

Archived