Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Trivia

Mark The Homer

I think there were 3 sets of father-son combos that played for the Skins....it def wasn't Eric and Terry Metcalf, or Joe Sr, and Jr Krakoski. So that would leave Joe and Frank Walton

Bingo. That was quick.

In 1957, rookie end Joe Walton earned a spot on the Redskins roster. As his dad, Frank 'Tiger' Walton, had played for the Redskins offensive line in the 1940's, they became the first father-son combination to play in the NFL.*

*Source: Cooking With The Skins

That deaf college would be Gallaudet University, exactly....... other teams were stealing their signs so the coach had the players huddle up.

:rolleyes:

True, this was the first time the "huddle" was used in a football context. However, the term huddle originated in ancient mesopotamia, where men would "huddle" in the local markets so as to conceal the identity of the true thief of the olives.

True, this was the first time the "huddle" was used in a football context. However, the term huddle originated in ancient mesopotamia, where men would "huddle" in the local markets so as to conceal the identity of the true thief of the olives.

You forgot to add the :rolleyes: so as to prove you're superior to the poster above you.

You forgot to add the :rolleyes: so as to prove you're superior to the poster above you.

LOL....are you serious? the rolleyes was not directed towards you or your post, it merely was a response to gfunk76p erudite snooze emoticon as if my post or this thread bored him.

maybe I should have posted a smiley and mentioned it was for you.

LOL....are you serious? the rolleyes was not directed towards you or your post, it merely was a response to gfunk76p erudite snooze emoticon as if my post or this thread bored him.

maybe I should have posted a smiley and mentioned it was for you.

My sincerest apologies.

:cheers:

The '75 game Kilmer got in on a QB sneak right

Bingo again.

On November 2, 1975, at RFK, QB Billy Kilmer dove in from the 1 yd line for the winning TD at 6:34 in overtime. Kilmer had passed to Jerry Smith at the 2 min warning for a TD to send the game into overtime. The Cowboys won the OT toss, but on their 5th play, Roger Staubach was intercepted by Ken Houston. Staubach was hit with a 15 yd personal foul and the Redskins got the ball on the 35. Nine plays later, Kilmer sent the frenzied crowd home happy.

Source: Cooking With The Skins (1987)

How old is your source? The Skins Cowboys game from 1999 went into OT.

You're right. My source was printed in 1987, but I checked this website and nothing showed on the main screen - a minor error. But further review showed that the home game indeed was an overtime game in 1999. I remember that game, I was there, it was a beautiful warm sunny day and we took a huge lead early in the game. Then Aikman brought the Cowboys back. And I remember that pass to Rocket Ismail (sp?), and I knew that ended the game. But I couldn't recall that it was over time. But it was a heartbreaker.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/1999-was

That deaf college would be Gallaudet University, exactly....... other teams were stealing their signs so the coach had the players huddle up.

:rolleyes:

I am SO PROUD of you guys for knowing this!! Being an administrator for hearing impaired students, it makes me smile to know you know.

Thank you both!!

Blondie

What?

What part did you not understand.

I quoted 2 posters. I remarked on thier posts.

Where is the confusion?

I will explain in detail if I need to, but I thought it was very clear.

How can I help you understand what I said?

Blondie

Archived