Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If 2007 is an uncapped year

snyderhastrillions

How do you think gibbs snyder and company should take advantage of it?

There is some talks if the cap goes away it will never come back but I have my doubts.

If I were the redskins and 07 became an uncapped year for that year I would triple the salaries of everyone for that year and give them the league mininum in 08 and 09 incase the salary cap does come back in play.

For instance portis might make 6 mil in 07 but take him up to 18 mil in 07 then give him 1 mil in 08 and 09. Does this idea make sense at all?

']I think there are some rules in place about what a team can and can't do. From what I've been reading' date=' I don't think an uncapped year is the free for all everyone is assuming it is. But that is only with free agents. What teams can do with their own players, I'm not sure.[/quote']

Have you heard something specific Tom? Everything I've read makes it sound like the uncapped year will be exactly what it sounds like. The one difference being, that veterans will have to have six years experience, instead of four to qualify for free agency.

I think that Mr. Snyder will go crazy and buy a super bowl. But when the cap is reinstated in 2008, we'll be screwed. Lets hope that the cap stays, the NFL is the best league on earth and the cap has alot to do with it. Even though we are a rich team, it would be a shame to see the packers or cardinals of the world suffer

I think that Mr. Snyder will go crazy and buy a super bowl. But when the cap is reinstated in 2008, we'll be screwed. Lets hope that the cap stays, the NFL is the best league on earth and the cap has alot to do with it. Even though we are a rich team, it would be a shame to see the packers or cardinals of the world suffer

I don't see this happening. If we were to get a bunch of free agents, contracts would be front-loaded accordingly. I really don't think Snyder and Gibbs are idiots.

Also, you would hate to see the Cardinals suffer? What do you call what they've done WITH the cap? I would rather have the cap too, but Bidwell will be Bidwell.

"The rule states that these contracts cannot have an annual increase of more than 30% of the salary, excluding amounts treated as a signing bonus, provided for in the FINAL CAPPED YEAR." For example, if portis made $500,000 this year, he cannot make 1 million the next.

The free spending days are over folks. Players will now want to play for the Redskins and take less money because they know we can win it all with Gibbs at the helm! You overpay when you need the "star" or you can't attract talent. That is not us anymore.

If I understand it correctly, in 2007 a player's salary can't increase by more than 30%.

The other rule that affects 2007 is the final 8 teams will be restricted on

number of UFA's they can sign.

For the players, the worst part of an uncapped year (2007) is there benefits

pkg goes out the window. Teams won't be required to participate. A smart

owner/team might offer a benefits package, much like private industry. This will be the advantage an owner like Snyder will have.

Plus the 30% rule only limits an INCREASE in a salary. Didn't, right before the salary cap era, the 49ers lock up some great players (O-lineman, I think) by giving them big salaries or signing bonuses in the year before the cap (so that the money did not count toward the cap in following years). I think that everyone was counting on the Redskins having to take a bloodbath in 2006 and that was apparently not happening after all.

Oh give me a break man! The Packers were winning championships long before you were ever thought of and the Cardinals always have and always will suck as long as Bidwell owns the team. Please everybody! The NFL will survive and prosper without a cap.

Archived