Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Revenue Sharing and its Fairness

EnFoRcEr_uPu

"Fail" is a strong word. I am thinking that the NFL will have a similar situation as MLB where they have 6 teams that will always be competitive. 6 teams that can build themselves into short-term contenders. 6 teams that could catch lightning in a bottle. And the rest that are hopeless.

A bad owner can kill a team in any system. The worst owner in sports is Donald Starling and he is in a league where every salary system is very easy to grasp and guaranteed to spread players around the league.

Bidwell is a bad owner. But unless a Bill Gates type bought the Cardinals as a toy and didn't mind losing money' date=' the Cardinals will have a very very difficult time being profitable in a non revenue sharing/non capped environment under any owner. They are in an indifferent city in a bad stadium.

I mean, would you sit in aluminum seats in the dessert in September to watch Kurt Warner?[/quote']

Not anymore: https://www.seats3d.com/nfl/arizona_cardinals/

And, for the record, nobody MADE Bidwell move to Arizona. He chose to move the team with little or no market research to indicate the area could support the team. Until this stadium was ok'd by the taxpayers of AZ, he was fully content to move to L.A. or any other city that would pay him favorable concessions. He's a scumbag in every sense of the word.

Thank you' date=' Rush Limbaugh.

The NFL IS a collective. If the Cardinals, Packers, and Bengals fail, it hurts the Skins. Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones can't make money playing each other 16 times a year.[/quote']

I agree with you...(other than the Rush Limbaugh shot) The NFL is a single entity made of many parts - the individual teams. So the system as it is now has been working fine, all the teams share so much of the collective revenue, anything with the NFL shield on it is shared by all 32 teams, the bulk of the NFL's money comes from ad revenue from the tv deals, this is all shared equally. I just don't see why we should have to share local revenue with the Cards and other pitiful owners who aren't really trying to compete, just line their own pockets with NFL money. If the Redskinettes go to a boat show, should we have to share that money? What about advertising in FedEx field, a staduim that Snyder bought with his owne money? Look at all the teams in the league that have made deals with the tax payers to build a new stadium. Snyder has put his own capital into this team, there's no reason he should have to share local profits...it just doesn't make bussiness sense. Saying that the NFL is doomed if we don't pass the new CBA is foolish. You think the Cardinals and other bottom of the barrel teams are going to implode and we'll be left with only the Patriots, Skins, Giants, Eagles and other large market teams? I think the Steelers, Cheifs, Colts, and many other small market teams have done pretty well under the current system...I doubt they're leading the charge to steal locally generated profits. Survival of the fittest...I'm sure there are many millionaire lined up to take over the Saints, Cards, Jags, or any other underperforming NFL team.

The NFL IS a collective. If the Cardinals, Packers, and Bengals fail, it hurts the Skins. Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones can't make money playing each other 16 times a year.[/quote']

I agree with you...(other than the Rush Limbaugh shot) The NFL is a single entity made of many parts - the individual teams. The system as it is now has been working fine. All the teams share so much of the collective revenue already that anything with the NFL shield on it is shared by all 32 teams. The bulk of the NFL's money comes from ad revenue from the tv deals, this is all shared equally. I just don't see why we should have to share local revenue with the Cards and other pitiful owners who aren't really trying to compete, just line their own pockets with NFL money. If the Redskinettes go to a boat show, should we have to share that money? What about advertising in FedEx field, a staduim that Snyder bought with his owne money? Look at all the teams in the league that have made deals with the tax payers to build a new stadium so they don't have to invest in their own teams. Snyder has put his own capital into this team, there's no reason he should have to share local profits...it just doesn't make bussiness sense.

Saying that the NFL is doomed if we don't pass the new CBA is foolish. You think the Cardinals and other bottom of the barrel teams are going to implode and we'll be left with only the Patriots, Skins, Giants, Eagles and other large market teams? I think the Steelers, Cheifs, Colts, Packers and many other small market teams have done pretty well under the current system...I doubt they're leading the charge to steal locally generated profits. I say survival of the fittest...I'm sure there are many millionaires lined up to take over the Saints, Cards, Jags, or any other underperforming NFL team.

Edit: Didn't mean to post twice, I was trying to edit...sorry.

It should quite simply be the goal of every team in the NFL to win the Super Bowl every year, otherwise, why try? Equally, it should be the goal of every team in the NFL to make as much money as possible for themselves, in their local markets every year. Why is it, do you suppose, that TV coverage rights are governed so closely by the NFL to give EVERY team the opportunity to take advantage of their respective markets? What you do with that market is entirely up to you.

It should quite simply be the goal of every team in the NFL to win the Super Bowl every year, otherwise, why try? Equally, it should be the goal of every team in the NFL to make as much money as possible for themselves, in their local markets every year. Why is it, do you suppose, that TV coverage rights are governed so closely by the NFL to give EVERY team the opportunity to take advantage of their respective markets? What you do with that market is entirely up to you.
IS THERE A WAY WE CAN e-mail the owners and ask them why they wanna scam danny,jerry,bob?

Aside from Bidwell (who I actually think is trying in his own stupid way), what team is not trying to win and not trying to make money. Some may not be as aggressive as Danny and Jerry Jones, but - to be honest - I don't want 32 Dan Snyders. The players would have advertisements on their helmets like NASCAR drivers at that point.

Wrong. If they fail, the team goes to new ownership who will then have the opportunity to succeed. This is capitalism at it's finest. Unfortunately, the owners of these teams are only interested in profiting in handouts from better run organizations.

The Bengals, Lions, Cardinals etc...... sucking horribly forever never hurt the Skins. The only losers is a NonCap situation are the teams that won't invest and their fans.

Wrong. If they fail, the team goes to new ownership who will then have the opportunity to succeed. This is capitalism at it's finest. Unfortunately, the owners of these teams are only interested in profiting in handouts from better run organizations.

The Bengals, Lions, Cardinals etc...... sucking horribly forever never hurt the Skins. The only losers is a NonCap situation are the teams that won't invest and their fans.

Have the Lions ever lost money? Let's not confuse won/loss record with profit. The Texans are the third most profitable franchise currently.

And I am curious under what scenario the Fords would be forced to sell the Lions considering that the Lions probably make up 1 percent of their total assets.

Archived