In Flames - Come Clarity

Mr. S

which of these 3 movies was best?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. which of these 3 movies was best?

• Psycho
    • The Ring
    • The Shinning

any of the other metalheads here hear this album yet? I have only heard a few songs so far, and needless to say, I am unimpressed again. They have definitely embraced the american hardcore/metal scenes, and this album just sounds like something Darkest Hour may have done a few years ago.

To its' credit, there are more melodic harmonies like their older stuff, but the vocal style just pisses me off again. It definitely lacks the Gothenburg sound that I used to love of them.

any of the other metalheads here hear this album yet? I have only heard a few songs so far, and needless to say, I am unimpressed again. They have definitely embraced the american hardcore/metal scenes, and this album just sounds like something Darkest Hour may have done a few years ago.

To its' credit, there are more melodic harmonies like their older stuff, but the vocal style just pisses me off again. It definitely lacks the Gothenburg sound that I used to love of them.

It's not bad but I prefer Meshuggah over In Flames.

i've actually liked the last few albums by in flames. i haven't purchased come clarity yet, but i like what i've heard. a lot of people seem to like their older albums better, but like most of what is considered "true metal", those albums bore me. they lack substance and emotion and they're entirely too straight forward. i like a lot of prog-modern and mixed genre metal (i.e. opeth, tool, dog fashion disco, cradle of filth, dimmu borgir, etc.)

i've actually like the last few albums by in flames. i haven't purchased come clarity yet, but i like what i've heard. a lot of people seem to like their older albums better, but like most of what is considered "true metal", those albums bore me. they lack substance and emotion and they're entirely too straight forward. i like a lot of prog-modern and mixed genre metal (i.e. opeth, tool, dog fahion disco, cradle of filth, dimmu borgir, etc.)

well, Anders does show more emotion I guess in these later albums, but the instrumentality showed more emotion in the earlier ones. His vocals used to be straight-forward swedish death style, but those guitars used to be amazing. They still have some of my favorite melodic lines off of songs like The Wayfaerer, Man Made God, and so on.

Archived