Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox 360 questions

Tommy-the-Greek

Why is it so hard to get an xbox 360? Where would you recommend trying to buy one? I must have called 100 places today trying to find one for my daughter.

If I can't get one in time for her B-day a few weeks away should we just wait for the PS3? Does anyone know when that system will be released and will it be as hard to find when it comes out?

Why is it so hard to get an xbox 360? Where would you recommend trying to buy one? I must have called 100 places today trying to find one for my daughter.

If I can't get one in time for her B-day a few weeks away should we just wait for the PS3? Does anyone know when that system will be released and will it be as hard to find when it comes out?

Wait for the PS3. Buy her a Gamecube. My daughters prefer the gamecube. The selection for XBOX 360 games is mostly shooter/sports games...which are not my daughters cup of tea.... :2cents:

If you want KID friendly...gamecube.

XBOX360 is so hard to get because Microsoft is selling them faster than they can make them. There are already 40+ games, I don't know why someone above said there wasn't much of a selection. XBOX live is amazing, so many options you can do and is a great community of people. Let me know if you have any specific question about the 360!

EDIT: PS3 will be released in December (christmas) of 2006 along in the same month Halo 3 for the 360 will be released.

rumors say sony is going to charge $900 for the ps3

link: http://www.xboxtoday.ca/02182006/12/sony_ps3_900

If she is 16 she knows what video game system she wants. If she asked for

the XBOX 360 then she will DEFINATELY not want a game cube. It's

a "kiddie game", not that there is anything wrong with that. I have

one myself. If you want a new one then you are basically limited

to ebay. You are in luck though, the prices have come down a lot

and you should only have to pay 50-100 above retail which aint

bad compared to a few months ago.

the 360 shortage is near over. your best bet will be to call your local costco and see when they expect another shipment. i work at the costco in chantilly, va, and we recieved a shipment a little over a week ago and sold out in five days. to you tommy, i can see you live in jersey and the costco distribution center that provides for us is the same one that provides for your location. i'm sure they'll have them within the next week or two, so just keep calling. the bundle costco is selling now comes with the premium package, plus an extra wireless controller, project gotham racing, a rechargable battery for the controller and the play and charge wire. the bundle costs $490. that might seem a little pricey, but you are getting $130 worth of vital accessories for $90. plus you can always return it to costco if it breaks or your daughter doesn't like it. i hope you find this helpful.

also, to address the rumors about the ps3 being released in december at the same time as halo 3 and possibly costing $900, all those rumors are nowhere near confirmed. i can guarantee the ps3 will not cost $900 and it will probably be released between september and november. and halo 3 will be released when it is complete, period. bill gates made comments about releasing it the same day as the ps3, but then took those comments back. never listen to anything bill gates says about the xbox because microsoft and xbox are almost completely seperate entities at this point.

the 360 shortage is near over. your best bet will be to call your local costco and see when they expect another shipment. i work at the costco in chantilly, va, and we recieved a shipment a little over a week ago and sold out in five days. to you tommy, i can see you live in jersey and the costco distribution center that provides for us is the same one that provides for your location. i'm sure they'll have them within the next week or two, so just keep calling. the bundle costco is selling now comes with the premium package, plus an extra wireless controller, project gotham racing, a rechargable battery for the controller and the play and charge wire. the bundle costs $490. that might seem a little pricey, but you are getting $130 worth of vital accessories for $90. plus you can always return it to costco if it breaks or your daughter doesn't like it. i hope you find this helpful.

And you did not post on ES letting us know that COSTCO had a huge

shipment in?:doh:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Sony Corp.'s (6758.T) next-generation PlayStation 3 video game console might not appear in key markets this year and could cost the company $900 per unit to produce initially, according to Merrill Lynch analysts quoted in the Financial Times on Sunday.

Sony has indicated a spring launch for its console in Japan and the industry is not expecting a North American launch until November, the FT said.

But Hitoshi Kuriyama of Merrill Lynch in Japan said there are reports that the PS3 could be delayed by between six and 12 months, meaning an autumn launch in Japan and a late 2006 or early 2007 launch in the US, the FT said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060219/bs_nm/electronics_sony_dc

Don't know, don't care (about the PS3), just adding something I read today.

And you did not post on ES letting us know that COSTCO had a huge

shipment in?:doh:

ahh man i'm sorry. i can tell you that if you live in northern va, the sterling, fairfax, and other high volume warehouses will be getting some in in about a week. they are getting pretty small shipments (24 units) and they will sell out fast, so call them and get there quick. about a week after that, the lower volume stores like the one i work at will get their shipments. good luck!

i have one already. i got it when it came out. i had a closing shift at work the day before the release and my friend showed up at my store as i was getting off and asked me to camp out with him. i said yes, assuming i could sleep in his car. i didn't sleep at all. so we waited 13 hours for my store to open up and we were first in line. after getting my 360 at about 10:30am, i started another shift at 11:00 and worked till 7:30. i went close to fourty hours without sleep, but it was well worth it.

Even if the PS3 initially costs Sony $900 to make, they will sell it at a price very similar to the XBOX 360.

As with the Xbox, the console is often a loss-leader as they expect to make money through game licensing, accessories etc.

I'd also echo comments made earlier that if a 16-year old wants a 360, they don't want a gamecube or anything else. If she has friends with a 360 and xbox live, the online, arcade and multi-media features are pretty compelling.

All the major stores are getting regular shipments now, and if you find out when the next one is you should be able to pick one up at retail prices without paying a premium.

Have they fixed the problems they were having w/ overheating?

I've been on the fence about getting a 360 b/c a friend of mine had to send his unit in for a recall b/c apparently 60k units had problems with overheating, causing the system to shut down.

We've had no problems with overheating or anything else since picking it up about six weeks age. But our box and the power supply (which is so big you have to see it to believe it) are not in a confined space. Don't know if that might have been a factor or just a problem with early production.

Guest sith lord
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060219/bs_nm/electronics_sony_dc

Don't know, don't care (about the PS3), just adding something I read today.

I also read that it might cost around $900. If true, that would be suicide on Sony's part. I mean, Come on, you would have to be rolling in dough if you would be willing to pay $900 for a video game system.

Archived