Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins v 49ers London- Anyone else there?

Badgerrocks

Since there is an article on the front page of Redskins.com and it suggests one is a die-hard fan if you remember this game, I am wondering whether anyone on this board was also there?

I had just moved to the UK and was totally psyched to see this game. What I remember is the starters played for, like, the first quarter, then they played their second-stringers/rookies. It was August so it was pre-season.

Anyone else there?

I was at wembley at the tender age of 10, still remember it though. The good thing about the 49ers at that time was that joe montana was their first string qb, steve young 2nd string and their 3rd string qb had started the year before because of injuries (Tony Romo sits to pee??) So there were big names on the field even after the starters had left.

I was at wembley at the tender age of 10, still remember it though. The good thing about the 49ers at that time was that joe montana was their first string qb, steve young 2nd string and their 3rd string qb had started the year before because of injuries (Tony Romo sits to pee??) So there were big names on the field even after the starters had left.

Steve young was QB. We lost to him in 91 playoffs.

I was there. I was a bit uopset that Gibbs didn't call TO's at the end of the game to try and get the ball back and gp for the win but I guess with it being a pre-season game, he didn't much care for the result.

It was great to see them there but the fact the game was a pre-season game has a sense of 'falseness' to it.

I went to the last 3 'american bowls' and enjoyed them all, but we need the next level now, a real regular season game in the UK.

I was there. I was stationed in Frankfurt, and was playing for a local women's football team there. I went with one of my friends from the team, who was a 49'er fan.

I remember getting on the plane, and the stewardess saying "Guten Morgen" to me, and "Good morning" to my friend.

I also remember that the Underground was held up because someone supposedly fell off the tracks and was hit by a train. Poor guy,

London is a great place, though. I had a blast.

I was there. I was stationed in Frankfurt, and was playing for a local women's football team there. I went with one of my friends from the team, who was a 49'er fan.

I remember getting on the plane, and the stewardess saying "Guten Morgen" to me, and "Good morning" to my friend.

I also remember that the Underground was held up because someone supposedly fell off the tracks and was hit by a train. Poor guy,

London is a great place, though. I had a blast.

Yeah it seems like Londoners are always throwing themselves under the tube trains! :laugh:

My brother was over visiting from San Fran at the time and we went to the game together which was nice!

Yeah it seems like Londoners are always throwing themselves under the tube trains! :laugh:

My brother was over visiting from San Fran at the time and we went to the game together which was nice!

I don't know why I remembered that. I think I remembered hearing he/she got pushed by the crowd, but it's been a while.

Since there is an article on the front page of Redskins.com and it suggests one is a die-hard fan if you remember this game, I am wondering whether anyone on this board was also there?

I had just moved to the UK and was totally psyched to see this game. What I remember is the starters played for, like, the first quarter, then they played their second-stringers/rookies. It was August so it was pre-season.

Anyone else there?

I was there but I live in the UK. I had been waiting years for the chance to see the Skins and it finally came.

Archived