Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need some Madden Online help.... PLease

GOSKN5

Guys i have three questions about Madden Online...

First questions why am i stuck with the Redskins rated at 77 overall.. i heard there was an update??? How do i get it to play with online???

Next question anyone have any tips on defending the run to the outside.. any defense that works good and will not get burned by the pass everytime????

And finally any tips for beating the blitz... people blitz the hellllll out of me any tips will be great... thanks guys...

To defend the outside run, play man defense with at least front 7. Plus, you need to be able to figure out how/when your opponent will run. Does he run mostly on 1st down or 2nd down? Personally i play a lot of man upfront and deep zones with secondary on 1st/2nd down. Its a good mix of covering the run and anything over 20 yds. Its susceptible to short slants, curls, ins/outs.

Beating the blitz takes a lot a things into consideration. You can keep a FB in the backfield and/or extra TE to help pass protection. However, if they don't blitz, you have extra blockers and not enough pass receivers which leads to incompletions/interceptions. Personally, I always have a good set of audibles that I can call at LOS if I think defense is coming hard. Also, utilize hot routes to area where blitz is coming from. Just like above you need to figure when/how opponent likes to blitz (on certain downs, in certain sets, only certain players, etc). I've gotten pretty good at picking these things up that when I guess/see a blitz, I know I can make a big play.

best d is nickel regular, but you have to have some safety skills. shift line to strong te side, bring lb's in (l1 direction +r1 down), then bring the free down to where the olb would normally be and thats a pretty balanced 8 box, but you have to drop back immediately if pass. this is better than the standard 8 man box (triangle left) because the backers or someone is usually left unblocked because madden is not perfect and lets you control the safety polamalu-esque, where you can blitz, drop in zone, man, etc

Aight man.. i am the self proclaimed madden master ( with the redskins) ... i can help u here.

1) i cant tell u why you cant get the update. Its weird. I got the update then all the sudden it dissapeared and i dont have the option to change it back. Fortunately i know all the tricks of the redskins before the update ( which shall make them better)

2) To beat the run to the outside ... all u have to do is stack the line. But i have found that since the skins have a lot of fast good linebackers you should use the Balanced D setting for your defense. Then use nickle-prowl. Every play in that formation will stop a run to the outside. Now.. this wont necessarilly stop the run up the middle.. so hopefully you wont play a guy using a big back. ( the plays in nickle-prowl include deep and cover 2 coverage along with zones... so all pasing plays are basically covered hile u have arrington or washington blitzing. It'll work.

3) To stop someone who stacks the line and blitzes you have to use a combination of things. A: if u are using the joe gibbs offense.. do the jumbo backfield counter. With Sellers as ur Fb and Cooley as ur other Fb.. any cb will get run over.

B: Slants. Portis or Moss in the slot is killer.

C: Bomb it. If you bomb it with ramsey to moss or portis... the cb will never catch up. ( except for a few)

D: and most of all... have some audibles pre-programed into your audibles list. preferably always have a slant in there. Also.. if you audible around enough .. you might catch their cbs or linebackers stuck and the reciever will be wide open.

Thats all you need to know ( stopping tall recievers is a whole different thing though)

Thanks for the help.. i will have to try out some of these things.... I really need that update though.. i hate being 77 and then having teams like the packers higher overall?/ o well i guess i will have to wait on that one..

thanks again for the help..

Archived