Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Post-season Redskin award winners.

LiveStrongSkins

Surprise player of the year: Santana Moss. I'll admit that at first I questioned the move. I couldnt understand why we were giving in to Coles and picking up a wideout who had the injury prone label. I thought we had a core of a bunch of #2 and #3 wideouts. Wow was I wrong.

I was kind of surprised that so many people thought it was a bad trade. It seemed fairly obvious to me from two seasons ago that Santana had the potential to be one of the best out there and I was really psyched about the trade. Anyway...

Offensive co-MVPs: Santana Moss, Clinton Portis

-1400 and 1500 yards respectively, they were absolutely amazing.

Defensive MVP: Sean Taylor

-The numbers weren't tremendous but he really does change the way opposing offenses play against us. Very few other players on our D have quite the same effect.

Special Teams MVP: Mike Sellers

-Was at the heart of some pretty big turnovers.

Surprise Player of the Year: Mark Brunell

-After last season, who wasn't surprised?

Most Improved: Chris Cooley

-He looked good as a rookie last season, but this season he showed us that he is really a Tony Gonzalez-calibur player.

Surprise player of the year: Santana Moss. I'll admit that at first I questioned the move. I couldnt understand why we were giving in to Coles and picking up a wideout who had the injury prone label. I thought we had a core of a bunch of #2 and #3 wideouts. Wow was I wrong. The only thing in question here is the IQ of the Jets staff. Moss is virtually unguardable and can turn a 2 yard pass into a 80 yard TD. I cant wait to see what he can do when another wideout can draw some attention away from him.

I agree Santana was a gamble and he paid off. You got to hand it to our franchise for seeing talent in Moss.

Archived