Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor - Salary Cap

lunarluau

Depends on the clauses in his contract and if getting sent to jail voids the deal...

If the deal is null and void and the Skins can recoup some signing bonus then yes the cap hit will be reduced.

Think of it like him retiring...

I think the last CBA addresses this issue and would probably trump anything in the contract. Not sure, but just a hunch.

Not to sound heartless here but if Taylor gets convicted and has to serve, say 10 years, will he still count against our salary cap?

Guess what Lu, I was thinking the same thing so I guess both of us are insensitive. :doh: But no need to pay players that are playing in the penal league. :doh:

Not to sound heartless here but if Taylor gets convicted and has to serve, say 10 years, will he still count against our salary cap?

That's not insensitive at all. Just curious. Given the nature of the charges as they seem to be increasing, natural question.

I figure the worst case scenario would be that we have to cut him, and the cap hit gets us for one year only.

(v) Credit for Signing Bonuses Refunded. In the event that a Team receives a refund from the player of any previously paid portion of a signing bonus, or the Team fails to pay any previously allocated portion of a signing bonus, such amount as has previously been included in Team Salary shall be added to the Team’s Salary Cap for the next League Year.

So his trial is 3/20 and he's owed about 4M on 4/1 and if he does repay some signing bonus or the Skins withhold some option bonus they wouldn't receive credit for the amount returned until 2007 which may be an uncapped year. It also sounds like they only get credit if monies are repaid so if Taylor hid all his money in the stolen ATV the Skins may have a problem getting it returned.

So if the trial drags on and things look bad on 4/1 do they not pay his option bonus and thus void the contract or do they pay and hope to get repaid should he be convicted?

I thought the part about the "work release" was interesting. I can't see the state letting him do that, but maybe there is that option. What ST should do is tell the state of Fla. that he'll move there and pay them taxes on his earnings. Then they would for sure let him off. $$$ talks

hopefully all we be well with him but FLA doesnt play around with this type offense. there is usualy a min Sentence..

Archived