Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Signing Of Jesse Lumsden

Pad_1

As a Canadian who has been a redskins fan for about 35 years, I am thrilled to see that the Redskins have signed Jesse Lumsden. I know the calibre of play that Lumsden can bring to thr skins. He is a graduate of McMaster University & last year played for the Hamilton Tiger Cats of the CFL. I live in the city of Hamilton, & have had the pleasure of watching Jesse not only as a McMaster student but also for my home team in the CFL.

He is a very strong runner who rarely fumbles & I believe that if he is given a good hard look by the Redskins coaching staff. That he will be a great player for us in the future, and will help us all realize what all Redskins fans want a Superbowl and the top of the heap when it come to Dominance & Respectibility.

Jesse apparently had a number of offers from various NFL teams but he chose the Redskins & I believe that ultimately we as fans of such a storied franchise wlll all be happy that he did.

:eaglesuck

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141851

Well we have about 5,000 hits on this same subject in the above thread -- which was on page 2 -- but since you are new and I was a fan of Sgt. Preston of the Yukon and his dogs Spot and Rin Tin Tink, you are forgiven by me. :D

However, Die Hard who is also a Canadian and the founder of this website, might not be so easy going. Fortunately for you though, hunting season on woodpeckers and titmouses opened January 20th in Canada, and he is away this week, camping out on an iceberg, trying to bag his limit. :paranoid:

Look I know that it's very in to make fun of Canadians, but just let me apprise you of something, contrary to popular belief we are not the dumb fcks to the North; our standard of living and our education can be well matched against any state in your union. And since I am older than you and have been a Redskins fan longer perhaps it would behove you to afford me the same courtesy that I would give any fan of the Washington Redskisns and that is a little respect & courtesy. Without all the tired old cliches of uninformed Citizens of the United States, which fortunately most Americans have outgrown & educated themselves about. I am a REDSKINS FAN and I am also a Canadian. Two facts that I am most proud to be.

Look I know that it's very in to make fun of Canadians, but just let me apprise you of something, contrary to popular belief we are not the dumb fcks to the North; our standard of living and our education can be well matched against any state in your union. And since I am older than you and have been a Redskins fan longer perhaps it would behove you to afford me the same courtesy that I would give any fan of the Washington Redskisns and that is a little respect & courtesy. Without all the tired old cliches of uninformed Citizens of the United States, which fortunately most Americans have outgrown & educated themselves about. I am a REDSKINS FAN and I am also a Canadian. Two facts that I am most proud to be.

Simmer down, man!! He was yanking your chain a little bit. Die Hard, one of the founders of this site, is also a Canadian. Just teasing you a little bit!! Nothing to get all upset aboot!! ;)

Lumsden won the Hec Crichton in Canada (they're version of the Heisman) then was passed over by every NFL team through seven rounds of the draft. He was then signed as a free agent by the Seahawks who summarily released him in the first wave of training camp cuts.

I highly doubt he got "several offers" from NFL teams. He tore it up in Canadian college but that is about equal to a really good high school RB in the U.S. That's not a slam on Canada, it's just a fact about Canadian football and the level of competition up there. If it makes you feel better, the MLS American Soccer League is a joke compared to what is played in other countries.

Hang on.

They give lots of grief to blondes and Texas.

I am proud of being both. I do rant on them about Texas........as I love the state.

I don't rant about the blonde. I sometimes fit the stereotype.

So, hang in there.

Starting a new thread about something that is old news is a :nono: because there are probably threads all over the place. Learn to use the search function. Had you put in the name Jesse Lumsden you would have found the topic throughly discussed and you could have added your thoughts there. You are very new. You will learn about the rules and posters and when they are joking if you read and learn a bit before you go off.

Oh, and welcome.

Blondie

Pad1 don't pay any attention to the joking. I for one am glad to hear (even though it's another thread) from a fan of this player. The web and especially this board has attracted so much good information about our Skins it's just amazing.

Thanks for posting and keep in touch as we will know everthing this fella does in upcoming camps. I hope we will be talking about the good things he is going to do for us.

Let the politicians and the "mediots" Yak about the differences between Canada and the US. When you are here you are the same as we are, a FAN.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141851

Well we have about 5,000 hits on this same subject in the above thread -- which was on page 2 -- but since you are new and I was a fan of Sgt. Preston of the Yukon and his dogs Spot and Rin Tin Tink, you are forgiven by me. :D

However, Die Hard who is also a Canadian and the founder of this website, might not be so easy going. Fortunately for you though, hunting season on woodpeckers and titmouses opened January 20th in Canada, and he is away this week, camping out on an iceberg, trying to bag his limit. :paranoid:

i think what you meant to say was "we would all appreciate it if you would use the search button to find the appropriate thread in which to add your thoughts, instead of creating a new one to expound on the football talents of Jesse Lumsden, CFL players and Canadians in general.

The humor of your post hid the message (but I got it, on both counts). Now I'm off to start another 6 LA threads and 3 more on who we can trade to get Reggie Wayne...:doh:

Archived