Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell or Mark Brunell as our start for next year?

ItaliaMuscle

Having problems with the site?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Having problems with the site?

• Yea...every now and then.
    • Nope...you're an idiot with a POS mac.
    • Extremeskins? WTF is that?

Before I begin I just want to say that this season was wonderful! Thank the pigskin god's for allowing us to have made it to the playoffs! But as I look to the next season I wonder what will happen with our quaterback position. Brunell, when healthy, was doing a good job and seemed to have more confidence. But we also have the untested Campbell, who Gibbs has faith in but wasn't even supposed to be a 1st rounder last year. Should we really be thinking about removing the old salt for the new gun? I never had a chance to see Campbell play in college and I've heard good things, but what does everyone else think. I'd prefer leaving Brunell as starter and Campbell as back up. Ramsey looks to be gone soon. Can someone help ease my concerns here! thanks -Woppy

Brunell as a starter. Campbell as a backup.

If we're blowing a team out, Campbell will come in for the cleanup duties of the 4th quarter. After looking at our schedule (and praying that the crappy teams of 2005 remain crappy for 2006), we have about 5 games that we'll definitely see Campbell playing in-- St Louis Rams, Houston Texans, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints and Tennessee Titans.

I think we can count on seeing Campbell as our starter in the 2007 season. I can't see Brunell as a starter in his late 30's. His legs are not as quick as they used to be.

There are a few threads on this topic already in rotation, but you get somewhat of a pass because you are new.

Welcome to the board and be nice to the search button on the upper toolbar.

That said, I really want to see what Campbell can do in camp and pre-season before I declare who I want to start. At this point it's brunell's job to lose. He'll be back next season barring some off-season "accident" and it will take some serious play from Campbell to unseat him.

My ultimate wish is to see a three way competition between Pat, Jason, and Mark.

Archived