Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boswell Article on WP - Ref Jacobs

ThomasRoane

what you really have to call into question are the comments of some Redskins defenders in camp and the preseason that Taylor Jacobs was primed to have a breakout season for the Redskins in 2005.

how could these players be so wrong seeing him everyday?

Because he's not getting the snot knocked out of him by ST in practice. Sure, he may be able to catch with no pressure but I think he's afraid of being hit.

I agree that the Taylor Jacobs experiment should be over...even before Boswell told us the "concussion" story.

Reggie Wayne would look very good in burgundy and gold. His catch in the corner of the end zone the other night was definitely a thing of beauty.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Redskins also pick up a bigger-bodied possession free agent or rookie receiver as well to complement Moss, Wayne, Cooley and it might help with downfield blocking for CP too.

Liked the way that Maurice Stovall from Notre Dame improved this year for Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame. He is tall, strong and showed decent speed and excellent hands this season. Thought he might look good as a Redskin too, but don't know where he will go in the draft.

Now that Weiss is at Notre Dame I hope Redskin scouts keep an eye on their players, particularly for lower round draft prospects. They will be a bit more experienced with pro style football and work habits than many other college players.

Archived