Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boswell Article on WP - Ref Jacobs

ThomasRoane

Of course it confirms what we've known all along about Jacobs. That he's just a practice player who disappears in the games. For a time, I just thought he wasn't very bright. Now we know the real deal. He's a *****! (rhymes with wussy)

For public consumption, Gibbs and others on his staff praise Patten's work ethic and Thrash's toughness. Nobody has a good word for Jacobs. (If you run off the field yelling, "I think I have a concussion," then you probably don't.)

It's the 2nd receiver; stupid!

Now maybe all the Jacobs defenders will stop running to this frauds defense.

I for one wanted to see enough of him on the field (as opposed to in street clothes on the sidelines) to judge his talent level. It made no sense to dump a (supposedly) potential first round talent without seeing what he could do on the field.

Now we've seen it.

Taylor Jacobs is a giant ...(rhymes with wussy).

I was pretty sure up until the Seattle game, now I'm convinced.

Whenever it was that we made that horrible decision to throw the WR screen to him...when he tried to do a spin move, came out of it a few yards behind the LOS, realized it didn't work, and instead of putting his head down and at least trying to get back to the line, he literally just withered. His feet stopped and he just cowered hoping he wouldn't get hit too hard... I nearly shat my pants...

If this guy really came to the sidelines yelling that he had a concussion, someone should have just taken a baseball bat to his helmet and given him one...

Jacobs can't catch. He doesn't have the heart to go out and make the grab. Far too often, he just let the defender take the ball away. We definately need that Ricky Saunders type of threat.

T.O would be a great fit if he was mentally stable.

Reggie Wayne would be perfect if Indy would let him get away. I doubt that.

I really like that guy from USC, Dwayne Jarrett. I wonder if he'll be around when the Skins pick?

Jacobs can't catch. He doesn't have the heart to go out and make the grab. Far too often, he just let the defender take the ball away. We definately need that Ricky Saunders type of threat.

T.O would be a great fit if he was mentally stable.

Reggie Wayne would be perfect if Indy would let him get away. I doubt that.

I really like that guy from USC, Dwayne Jarrett. I wonder if he'll be around when the Skins pick?

Jarrett's a sophomore.

I think you hit the nail on the head though. Jacobs doesn't have the heart - read as "toughness" - to play WR in the NFL.

Now we know why MB wasn't throwing to him. For me? I told my brother and friends that the Raider game confirmed what he was about. He was 1v1 vs a garbage DB who was torched the week before. It wasn't that TJ couldn't beat that guy deep. It was the fact that he "wouldn't." And without a doubt he cost MB an interception vs TB. He coulda broke that pass up if he had a pair.

I'm not so sure that Patten is much better. I remember a lot of passes bouncing off his hands. Thrash will catch but he can't out-run anyone's #2 or 3 DB's. So we have to upgrade our #2 guy desperately! And the Front Office knows it:

"We know it," said one Redskins source of the gaping need at wide receiver. "Believe me, we know it."

I'd still like to see us go with JC at QB. But, I'm willing to give Brunell the benefit of the doubt. Give him a viable offense. Hell,how bout someone who can just catch 40 balls for crying out loud! Then give him some depth at O-line and I think he'll be okay. The passing game will spring Portis for more long runs and take a lot of the pressure off. Cooley will truly become a freakin beast then.

I also saw on Ben Maller's Blog that Reggie Wayne wouldn't comment about coming back :) Come on Danny! Fire up Redskin one. Pick up Gibbs, Moss and Portis and fly your ass out to Indy today!!!!

Guest Matt Kyriacou

This quote says it all.....

"(If you run off the field yelling, "I think I have a concussion," then you probably don't.)"

I had to clean the Coca-Cola from my monitor on that one.

Jacobs, Thrash, Brown and Farris all seem limited to me. Patten may not be the answer either. The Skins need fresh blood at WR. The FO should start by doing everything they can including mortagaging the farm to get Reggie Wayne. Forget about drafting a productive receiver ... the odds are too long. But even Don Hutson will be a failure unless the Skins install a QB who can throw accurate darts and move the chains with his legs. And you all know what I'm thinking here ...

It's easy and short-sighted to blame the #2. Brunell hardly looked at the #2 WR and most of the huge passing gains to Moss were incredible plays on his part, not perfect execution on the rest of the offense.

None of our other WRs are close to good enough to bail out Brunell like Moss is.

Treat the symptoms or the sickness...

It's easy and short-sighted to blame the #2. Brunell hardly looked at the #2 WR and most of the huge passing gains to Moss were incredible plays on his part, not perfect execution on the rest of the offense.

None of our other WRs are close to good enough to bail out Brunell like Moss is.

Treat the symptoms or the sickness...

You say "Bail Out". Are you speaking of the bombs that seemed to be short that Brunell threw to Moss when he was perfectly covered, and the only way to get it in there was for Santana to come back....

The more I've looked at it, with the exception of the Cowboys game when he hit him in stride, all Brunell's balls were a yard or two short when we went deep to Moss. Given the coverage, that was the only way to get it there.

I don't think Moss was bailing out Brunell as much as he was taking advantage of what Santana can do. They short bombs that he had to stop and come back a few steps before while the coverage slips and falls. The high balls that you wouldn't think a shorter guy could get up there for.

I'm not putting it on Brunell. Get us a good #2 and have Patten our #3. Then if there is still "Bailing Out" I'll join your call for Campbell.

:doh: Someone must have a concussion. Stop typing and get medical attention:doh:

Ok since you are normal please explain to me how we went from 35 and 31 points against the Boys and Giants and even 27 points against the Bucs to 41 yards against the Bucs and dismal performance in the first 3 quarters in Seattle. Unless someone gave us a kickbutt number 2 receiver for those games and I didn't know it.

Can you dispute the fact that after the Giants game Brunell was last year's Brunell?

Archived