Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

List of Free Agent WR. Who do we want?

Chazville

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I think he's the kind of receiver we need -- size, good hands, good blocking. Hell, he couldn't be much worse than Patten.

I do agree that he cannot be any worse then Patten, but we should be looking to take a step up, not a lateral. Just a thought. :cool:

HUMMMM, How about someone that can actually beat a DB down the field. :doh: I like Joe and all, but I will have to pass.

Isn't that Santana Moss?

We don't need another WR that can outrun a DB.

We need a WR that can give us the best chances to get a 1st down so we have MORE chances to get the ball downfield to Moss.

WRs that gives you the best chances to get a 1st down are usually the tall big receivers that have SURE hands to get the ball in traffic.

These are called possession receivers.

We get someone like this, we have plenty more opportunities to get the ball to Moss for the homerun.

Isn't that Santana Moss?

We don't need another WR that can outrun a DB.

We need a WR that can give us the best chances to get a 1st down so we have MORE chances to get the ball downfield to Moss.

WRs that gives you the best chances to get a 1st down are usually the tall big receivers that have SURE hands to get the ball in traffic.

These are called possession receivers.

We get someone like this, we have plenty more opportunities to get the ball to Moss for the homerun.

:applause: I totally agree!!!!!! But some people seem to think that you can throw bombs all day and score 100 points. We need a possession receiver. I've said it ever since these threads have started being posted.

I thin we need two receivers without a doubt. We can't afford one injury crippling the passing game next season. I have listed the benefits of going after Koren Robinson BUT here's my preferred scenario:

1. Sign David Givens- Physical receiver who can work the middle of the field and is a very good blocker. To me he plays like a poor man's Hines Ward. He won't demand huge touches and all we need is a guy who can get 60 catches and 900 yards to go along with Santana. If we got antoher big-time wideout to go with Santana there just wouldn't be enough to go aroudn for Santana/ Wide Receiver 1B/ Portis/ and Cooley

2. Sign Randy Hymes- I think this guys has decent upside, has good size and speed. He can come in here and compete for that 3rd/4th spot and wouldn't be a bad player. I think he got squeezed after the Ravens drafted Clayton but he would be a solid guy for depth.

Wayne would be incredible... but i think we can keep dreamin...

I honestly think we just need someone that is dependable and can move the chains... we need someone who is willing to go across the middle...

we have santana who will put up huge gigantic numbers if someone across from him will even be considered a threat by the other team(besides cooley)...

I think we will make a move for Koren Robinson or Joe J maybe....

All i know is that i am excited about what is to come in the offseason and next season...

I'd think Reggie Wayne, despite him being high priced, would be worth it. Hed get to play besides CP and Santana Moss. Hed take our offence to a new level. And remember, Santana Moss has a history of not staying healthy, it was a miracle his season wasnt over after the Marcus Trufant and Brian Dawkins hit on him. I think Reggie Wayne would be a guy that could step in while moss would be out and move Thrash up to number 2.

Archived