Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Propositions...

rvan1

I mightve accidentally posted this twice, if so, sorry.

I commented this in an earlier thread, but i think it merits attention as a full topic.

trade propositions are ridiculous. No, you wont get a third round pick for ramsey. No, you cant trade for randy moss, and no, lavar is not worth dwight freeney or whoever else. just think, if we want a player that bad, chances are that most other teams do to. players have to be given permission before they can seek trade, and you better believe that almost all players we want wont have that permission.

while i understand that three of our offensive players (brunell, moss, and portis) were traded for, none of these players were received as what anyone called a "steal" at the time. most players thought coles was a better deal for the jets-- we got lucky. bailey and a 2nd round pick is also arguable in terms of who got the better deal (althouhg both teams made out well). and brunell for a 3rd round pick when he wouldve been a free agent is also questionable.

another thing to consider? all three players we received were disgruntled in their prior situations.... brunell was no longer being played, moss thought he was undervalued, and portis wanted more money.

bottom line, teams just dont trade often at all, and when they do, they dont trade players who playing well and are happy in their situations.

another thing to consider? all three players we received were disgruntled in their prior situations.... brunell was no longer being played, moss thought he was undervalued, and portis wanted more money.

QUOTE]

Baily didn't like DC either.

Exactly-- everything was perfectly set up for that trade.

Do you really think that Ramsey will sit underneath Gibbs in 2006. Some Redskins fans think Patrick is a backup QB, but how can that be know for real? Gibbs has never given the guy a chance. Gibbs has no desire to watch Patrick even attempt to succeed and so I would think that Ramsey would go where the coaches would allow his talent to at the very least be nourished and not held down.

Do you really think that Ramsey will sit underneath Gibbs in 2006. Some Redskins fans think Patrick is a backup QB, but how can that be know for real? Gibbs has never given the guy a chance. Gibbs has no desire to watch Patrick even attempt to succeed and so I would think that Ramsey would go where the coaches would allow his talent to at the very least be nourished and not held down.

oh i definitely agree... but theres no way we're getting a pick better than 4th round for him, and even that's optimistic.

Trade proposals are stupid as hell but we will get a 3rd rounder for Ramsey, no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a 2nd rounder either. The QB position is the hardest to fill in the NFL and for that simple fact his stock his up.

what has ramsey done in his career that would merit giving up a pick that high?? he's been knocked around, and benched. Yeah, he has a strong arm, but his accuracy isnt sharp, and certainly not sharp enough for a team to give up a chance to shape a draft pick.

what has ramsey done in his career that would merit giving up a pick that high?? he's been knocked around, and benched. Yeah, he has a strong arm, but his accuracy isnt sharp, and certainly not sharp enough for a team to give up a chance to shape a draft pick.

AJ Feely got a 2nd rounder. Ramsey has more potential and has shown more. The Skins wouldnt trade him if they couldn't get what he is worth. If teams are only willing to give up a 4th rounder then we will keep Pat.

thats just the thing... he hasnt played enough to be tagged a loser. One thing is sure to teams interested in ramey... 1. He has a GREAT arm...2. He is one of the toughest Qb's in the NFL

those two attributes are something that cannot be taught. However, accuracy is something that can improve over time. The only thing that teams have seen of ramsey in the last year is the giants game where he played extremely well. With these things said, there is some miserable team out there that will be willing to give up a high pick for ramsey.

remember how the dolphins gave up feely for a 3rd round pick? :laugh:

thats just the thing... he hasnt played enough to be tagged a loser. One thing is sure to teams interested in ramey... 1. He has a GREAT arm...2. He is one of the toughest Qb's in the NFL

those two attributes are something that cannot be taught. However, accuracy is something that can improve over time. The only thing that teams have seen of ramsey in the last year is the giants game where he played extremely well. With these things said, there is some miserable team out there that will be willing to give up a high pick for ramsey.

remember how the dolphins gave up feely for a 3rd round pick? :laugh:

the feeley trade came at the trade deadline, and was certainly "optimistic" in terms of feeley's actual skill. ramsey is possibly slightly better potentially than feeley, as viewed by other teams. what they may have seen in ramsey last year during the giants game is lined with what they saw in the giants game earlier that year, the philly game, the steelers game, and this year's bears game.

Archived