Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Greg Williams vs. Joe Gibbs

bigjumbo1971

in my short time on this board ive noticed williams gets a pass for bad play calling if he calls a blitz and we get burned its the players fault...if gibbs calls a run and we get stumped he's too conservative...im yelling at the screen on 3rd and 6 whatever you do williams dont blitz...what does he do blitz big gain by strong...bad call but he gets a pass..

the play that everyone blames Lavar for he was on the weak side(the left on that play)...the running back flares(to the right)...marshall watches him go Lavar comes all the way from the left to try and make a play...now if that was Lavars man then that is a horrible defensive call...but im guessing marshall made a mistake but the Lavar haters refuse to acknowledge any defensive players/coaches mistake but his

We had a great year, we went into the divisional playoffs with only 1 reciever and an h-back. Just one more good reciever would open the whole offense up and would be good enough for more then 10 points a game. This team has come a long way and Im dayum proud of them!

i agree..and this isnt a bash williams thread because i like his calls most of the time...but why does he get a pass for bad play calling but gibbs doesnt..(im guessing because some fans dont really know what they're looking at on defense and just blame the closest guy)

in my short time on this board ive noticed williams gets a pass for bad play calling if he calls a blitz and we get burned its the players fault...if gibbs calls a run and we get stumped he's too conservative...im yelling at the screen on 3rd and 6 whatever you do williams dont blitz...what does he do blitz big gain by strong...bad call but he gets a pass..

the play that everyone blames Lavar for he was on the weak side(the left on that play)...the running back flares(to the right)...marshall watches him go Lavar comes all the way from the left to try and make a play...now if that was Lavars man then that is a horrible defensive call...but im guessing marshall made a mistake but the Lavar haters refuse to acknowledge any defensive players/coaches mistake but his

You should be banned, get a clue

You should be banned, get a clue

:laugh: get a clue about what

see the man is not God...if he calls a bad defense on a play then he calls a bad defense if Lavar makes a boneheaded play(jumping offsides last week) then he makes a boneheaded play...players and gibbs get called out but williams is untouchable

:laugh: get a clue about what

see the man is not God...if he calls a bad defense on a play then he calls a bad defense if Lavar makes a boneheaded play(jumping offsides last week) then he makes a boneheaded play...players and gibbs get called out but williams is untouchable

:logo:

Cmon, the defense is practically outscoring the offense in the playoffs! The D has had more injuries the offense, not to mention being on the field more than the offense.

Look somewhere else to blame, the D was awesome!

:logo:

Maybe because his defense carried this pathetic offense to the playoffs

he had a better defense last year and we didnt make it...the offense contributed to the playoff appearance...and again its not a bash williams thread its more of a if you want to highlight bad plays by players or bad calls by gibbs then do the same thing for williams....for those who dont do either then this thread doesnt apply to them

the reason for the difference is that Gibbs plays conservative and close to the vest, which is frustrating and gut-wrenching for the fans. Williams, OTOH, plays aggressive, which fans enjoy more, even when it falls short.

Its all about perception. When you see the team going balls to the wall, it leaves a better impression upon you rather than watching a conservative game that looks like everyone is holding back....

we're one more playmaker away from being a phenomenal team. I'm fine with my aggressive defense, I actually like it (when I play Madden, I blitz every time). I like Williams aggressiveness, he lives by the sword, dies by the sword. I won't judge Gibbs' offensive scheme -- he improved the offense drastically from last year, and I have no doubt next year we will win the East and hopefully get a bye. don't forget they had a fresh defense playing our banged up offense.

the reason for the difference is that Gibbs plays conservative and close to the vest, which is frustrating and gut-wrenching for the fans. Williams, OTOH, plays aggressive, which fans enjoy more, even when it falls short.

Its all about perception. When you see the team going balls to the wall, it leaves a better impression upon you rather than watching a conservative game that looks like everyone is holding back....

sounds like lavar to me :) ...but i agree the fact that he takes risk is a great asset

we're one more playmaker away from being a phenomenal team. I'm fine with my aggressive defense, I actually like it (when I play Madden, I blitz every time). I like Williams aggressiveness, he lives by the sword, dies by the sword. I won't judge Gibbs' offensive scheme -- he improved the offense drastically from last year, and I have no doubt next year we will win the East and hopefully get a bye. don't forget they had a fresh defense playing our banged up offense.

yeah the offense is better than last year and im sure snyder cant wait to buy what gibbs is asking for...next year we should be at the top of everyones list for the SB

yeah.. madden is just like the NFL

This was a great post because I agree with you tremendously. How in the world do we not win without the Seabiscuits not having a running game. Why are we just sending our 4 down lineman knowing that they cannot create pressure on their own. Hasselback has proven throughout the playoffs the past three years that he will choke when the blitz is on. Even Moose stated that Greg Williams was too conservative and should have changed his game plan when Alexander went down. And when Greg Williams do blitz, he blitz when it is very predictable, ie Mack rushing for 42 yards. It has been stated that GW can be arrogant and was proven when he stated to Shawn Springs that he was not needed in the Tampa game and just get ready in the Seattle game. GW defense has come up big the Philadelphia game and Tampa game but the D was too conservative today.

Eh, I still trust Joe. its up to the players to execute the plays. Overthrowing/dropping passes just doesnt cut it. Clinton wasn't getting the necessary blocking. If we cant get the run, then we cant get the play action to work as well as it has in the past.

I actually somewhat agree with this post.

GW catches no heat, perhaps rightfully so, considering the success of the defense that we've had up to this point.

But by the same token, the last I checked, GW has fairly little jewelry to show for his area of expertise, whereas Gibbs has 3 rings.

I realize that our offense has been stagnant to say the least, but Gibbs' role as a motivator and a leader plays as much of an impact on the defense as it does the offense...

If you're going to point fingers at the coaching staff, don't stand back and say that it was Gibbs' fault and not GW's. The fault is equal.

Archived