Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You guys may want to store this one away for after the game.....

Tom [Giants fan]

SEAHAWKS (-9.5) over Redskins

Rule No. 10 of the Manifesto applies here: "Only pick an underdog or a road team if you're convinced it has a chance to win the game outright."

Four reasons why the Redskins seem cooked to me ...

1. After they grabbed that two-touchdown lead in Tampa, Joe Gibbs clearly shifted into "I'm not taking another chance" mode. He doesn't trust their offense. It's obvious. There's a reason Washington's best drive on Saturday was 10 plays for 40 yards -- for the entire second half, they were playing not to lose.

2. There's a difference between "a little banged up" and "laboring and suffering" ... and Clinton Portis was laboring and suffering with that bum shoulder last weekend. He looked miserable. Don't see that one getting better in a week.

3. Six straight must-win games for the Skins ... that adds up after awhile, doesn't it? Let's say that Edell Shepherd hangs onto that game-tying touchdown pass in Tampa (and I'm not sure how he dropped it) with three minutes to play. Did anyone think the Skins had enough left in the tank to win that game? Now they have to fly cross-country and play in one of the toughest stadiums in the league? Against a well-rested team that puts up 30 points a game at home?

4. Let's say the Skins fall behind by double-digits in this one. Have you seen anything from their offense lately to make you even remotely think they could come back? There's always one blowout in Round 2. Always. And this looks like the one.

The Pick: Seahawks 30, Washington 6

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060113

Archived