Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should I bet against the spread?

sabbath1981

I have no doubt that if we do get beat it will NOT be by more than nine points. I am thinking of putting money against the spread but I fear this might ruin the game for me.

Meaning we could lose by 3 and here I am with a winning bet. I might (gasp) not be that upset. Does anyone understand where I'm coming from? What do you think?

I have no doubt that if we do get beat it will NOT be by more than nine points. I am thinking of putting money against the spread but I fear this might ruin the game for me.

Meaning we could lose by 3 and here I am with a winning bet. I might (gasp) not be that upset. Does anyone understand where I'm coming from? What do you think?

I have a hard time betting in a game with my team involved as I'm afraid of jinxing them. But I have a few times in the past and usually it is when they are the underdog. You could do a moneyline bet. That way if the Skins win straight up, you get a nice fat payout.

I've been saying this every since I saw that huge point spread. If my memory serves me correctly we have been in only 2 games decided by more than 7 points. One was the blowout in NY at the hands of the Gmen, the other, when we blew the doors off Dallas at home. I say we're going to win the damn game, so I took 9 points and bet my roommate (who happens to be an idiot cowboy fan). I've seen the spread online at as high as 9.5, which would mean we would have to lose by 10 for you or I to lose money...thats just plain dumb. We've already beaten them once, they have the easiest schedule in the league, we have the 2nd most difficult. I say with that schedule, the skins would have been 13-3 no problem.

I've been saying this every since I saw that huge point spread. If my memory serves me correctly we have been in only 2 games decided by more than 7 points. One was the blowout in NY at the hands of the Gmen, the other, when we blew the doors off Dallas at home. I say we're going to win the damn game, so I took 9 points and bet my roommate (who happens to be an idiot cowboy fan). I've seen the spread online at as high as 9.5, which would mean we would have to lose by 10 for you or I to lose money...thats just plain dumb. We've already beaten them once, they have the easiest schedule in the league, we have the 2nd most difficult. I say with that schedule, the skins would have been 13-3 no problem.

Um, we hung 52 on the Niners.

That said, I'm with the folks asking "When was the last time Seatle beat a winning team by 9 points?"

(Heck, I'd say the odds are only 2 out of 3 that they'll score nine points. :) )

My mistake on the 7 point logic...I think what I ment to say is that we havent been beaten by more than 7 points all year other than the Gmen debacle. I think the Cheifs only beat us by 7 at their house...other than that, all our losses have been so damn close it hurts to think about them. Actually, that game was soooooo close too. I'm telling you, this game will be close. Why the Seahawks of all teams will beat us by 10 points when its only happened once this year is beyond me. Take the money line or take the points...I might take the money line.

Archived