Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"You pretty much know they'll throw 70 percent of the time''

Yomar

Sorry Skins fans. SOS throws first and then sets up the run. He has given us Gator fans the we are going to run more lip service for years. This is the number one criticism of Spurrier at UF. Even worse is his idea of a run is a draw play. The only year he ran more than pass was 97 because Doug Johnson was a sophomore and wasn't mature enough to handle the responsibilities. Fortunately we had Fred Taylor who ripped it up. No doubt Stephen Davis is a stud and should be used to his fullest potential, but it will not happen.

Pittsburgh and New England are two of the best teams in the league so don't get too freaked by the Qb's struggling. As SOS and any coach will tell you you want your team to get stronger as the year goes on.

Ftmy,

I hate to say this, but, you aren't a very good Gator fan my friend. I mean, you wrote here that the only time Spurrier ran more than he passed was in 1997 with Doug Johnson at the helm. In fact, that's untrue. He ran more than he passed at least one other year. You don't know that as a Gator fan? How can you not? It was only the National Championship year. You'd think that'd stick with you.

That's not to say Spurrier won't pass more than he runs or that he won't pass to set up the run. He likely will. And, if he passes on third and 10 all year, we'll be happy about it. We can't say we had much of that last year.

Archived