Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we're going to win ON the road in Seattle...

Sowers

We need to shut the crowd up quick. We did this in Tampa I mean when the game first came on and I saw all those damn buc flags I got kinda nervous. Once we hit them in the mouth and showed them we came to play it providing confidence for our team.

Yeah, we don't necessarily HAVE to. But, it would definitely help. Truthfully, I think this game is going to be won in the 3rd and 4th quarters. It's going to be a hard hitting game and I just don't see them winning this style of game.

Im with ya brotha, Seattle has ran through the special olympics against the 49ers, cardinals and so on, there just not use to a team hitting them in the mouth for 4 quarters.

I dont see why we cant win this game. We beat them already (eventhough we didnt deserve to), we got our ugly game out of the way last week against an amazing D, Sea-Towns D isnt that good, and we can stop the run!

I know that we will have a much better offensive showing this week.

Here are a few predictions:

Brunell will have more passing yards than Seattle will have Total Offense (243 to 230)

Jimmy Farris will have a TD catch

Portis will run for about 85 on the day with a TD.

Skins win 21-13.

:point2sky :logo: :point2sky

I mentioned this in another thread but here is what I think HAS to happen for us to win IN Seattle.

After last week, Seattle will throw 10 men in the box, daring Brunell to throw. We HAVE to throw on first down. We need a LOT of 2nd-and-five (or less situations) to chew up the clock and keep Seattle OFF the field.

Eddie Haskell-back does a good job of spreading the ball around, especially on 1st down. Seattle averages 6 yards on first down and trailed only the Colts for number of 3rd down plays faced over the course of the season. They also led the NFL in scoring drives of 80 yards or more. The key to this game for the Skins on defense is to repeat what we did to Carnell Williams last week. STOP the running game and do NOT allow long runs from Alexander. During Week 4 vs. Seattle, Alexander had 20 carries for 98 yards but had a run of 34 yards which led to a TD. Take away this run and he has 19 carries for 64 yards. That is shutting a guy down. We have to force Seattle into 3rd and long situations, if possible. They didn't face as many 3rd down situations as most teams but their 3rd down percentage was among the lowest in the NFL.

Archived