Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell and next year...who starts?

tvo14

I've been a big supporter of Brunell this year and I hope he can win it all but next year does he remain the starter? Ramsey is in his last year of his contract. Do you see number 11 as the starter for his last year and groom Campbell to be the starter the following year.

A rookie QB with his first two years on the bench learning is ideal, I don't feel he would be ready next year.

The bigger question is will Brunell be able play consistently and injury free being one year older and his arm strength will be declining.

It would be nice to see Ramsey start next year, give him a chance to impress before he becomes a free agent.

I hate to say it but I just don't see how Brunell can start the whole 16 game season next year so lets hope he can ride off into th sunset with super bowl win this year.

I'm really hoping that Campbell will have a good pre-season and earn the job, we have a good O-Line and a great runing back to take the pressure off our QB, hopefully we can get a receiver to complement Moss and Cooley and open up the field a bit, The parts are in place for a QB to do well without having a ton a pressure on him

Its hard to say. Maybe Brunell will retire if we get far this year? I like him... but his erratic output scares me. But we won. The Giants had 12 more yards than us... but got shut out... so it doesnt really matter. I guess. I'd like to have more output... but its the playoffs... we just win any way possible.

I have a tendency to agree with this. I am not sure that -HEAVEN FORBID-

we don't make it ALL THE WAY this year, that Brunell will be our answer for

next year, and winning now. We defintley have to wait and see how the rest of

the playoffs playout and how the offseason, pre-season go etc. But remember,

Gibbs Quaterbacks can be interchangeable, he has showed throughout his

remarkable career that he just needs someone that is good enough. Out

of his three Super Bowl QBs only one was good enought to have been

considered a real Pro Bowler, but Theisman's career met his tragic fate, as we

all know, under a LT tackle. But honestly, I really really don't like thinking

about this kind of stuff until after this season. We are still on the ride!

REMEMBER BELIEVE THIS IS OUR YEAR.

We all know at some point a young guy will replace Brunell, but when? I don't think it is fair to expect suburb play from Brunell next year, he is obviously servicable but on the decline. I am not convinced Ramsey is gone. I expect he or Campbell will get a shot in the competition for starter, and one of them (probably Patrick) should show enough to take over. Nobody can really know for sure about next year, I bet Gibbs doesn't yet know for sure.

I still don't know what to make of the QB situation and the way Gibbs has handled it. Given how much he expects from the QB in terms of managing the offense and not making mistakes, part of me thinks he has intended all along to keep Ramsey through his contract, and the only thing that would cause him to get rid of him this offseason is if Ramsey turned it into an unmanageable Coles situation...because there is no chance Campbell will live up to Gibbs's expectations this fast. At other times, it seems as if Gibbs has little to no regard for Ramsey as a football player, despite acknowledging his character as an individual. It's hard to say what he's thinking.

I think it would be a huge mistake for the whole franchise on a number of levels to get rid of Ramsey this offseason, but who knows what they're going to do.

It seems odd to suggest that Brunell should not start, given that the 'Skins are in the 2nd round. It also seems reasonable to expect Ramsey to be traded in order to get back some of the draft picks that we've given away recently. And logic would dictate that the 1st round rookie would become the backup in his 2nd year - if not, why bother making the pick?

ramsey gets the last year of his contract to earn an extention/up his trade value (ala brees last year), brunell redoes his contract and stays as the veteran backup, cambell still is a work in progress looking to compete the year after for the job, with brunell retiring

Archived