Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Screen Passes To Moss

Santana_Fan

Who agrees that there needs to be more screen passes to Moss? Gibbs says that the Seahawks defense is based on speed and quickness also....but come on Moss with the 4.27 speed, who can keep up? But I've noticed they've slowed down on the screen passes since Ray Brown has been in the line up. :helmet:

It seems that football fans don't know much about football. I think the Redskins ran the WR screen against Philly like two times. The reason they didn't run it agaist Tampa Bay was because they didn't want it tipped at the line and intercepted like the first time they played the Bucs. Tampa's d line is super quick to run and react to the ball and cause all sorts of havoc in the passing game. On top of that the linebackers are coached well enough to flow to Moss's side of the field and shut that play down.

Seattle's defense on the other hand might be more vulnerable to the WR screen. Besides the WR screen is a play that Mustgrave, Breaux, and Gibbs call when they think they can get something out of it. Since they didn't call it Satuday then it's because they didn't have much faith in it.

The screen can be very effective, but you have to pick your spots. After running it so well, teams are going to be looking for it. That's why you have to catch them off-guard like the Giants game when we used it in the red zone.

I will agree fully, though, that the ball needs to be in the hands of your playmakers, and Santana Moss IS your playmaker. Find a way to feed it to him.

LOL this is funny to me. Cause you don't know how many times I had to hear my brother scream about how much he hated that play earlier. And now he wants to know why they don't run it more?!?!

Actually, Gibbs would love to run it more. But Defenses have taken to just charging in and grabbing Moss when he shows it. Refs haven't been calling it; although Gibbs gets in a jibe every now and then about that. That's how TB got a pick from us the first time around. They grabbed him and Rice ended up with the INT. Gibbs is a smart guy. They showed the screen and the DB bit hard; then sent Moss long. Prob is MB missed him. If we'd have hit that play? I guaran-damn-tee you that Seattle wouldn't be jumping that play this week.

Archived