Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A question for the Gurus and those w/ Tivo

Riggo-toni

While our offense bogged down last Saturday, we saw nothing from our other safety valve, Robert Royal, as well as very little from Cooley. I was wondering, did this happen largely because we left them in to block Simeon Rice? The Seahawks don't have any DEs that scare me - could this be a breakout game for Royal? Could Cooley recapture his form?

We didn't really run any plays to try to get Cooley or Royal in the flats. Tampa stacked the line and we ran right into them. We didn't run play action more than once than whole game. We usually passed on 2nd and long or 3rd and long. We were usually out of shotgun when that happened. When we actually tried to pass on 1st down, the guys were usually open. Derrick Brooks played a hell of a game and stopped a lot of plays that your average linebacker would not.

Seattle has a decent defense, but is not anywhere near the class of Tampa Bay. I think we didn't run play action because we were afraid that Rice would not bite and get huge sack after huge sack on the rollouts. We can play action and run boots against Seattle. Defensively, they are inferior to Tampa Bay in every area.

Archived