Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon DISSING Sean Taylor

autographcollector

Good point. I guess he forgot that little fact when he stepped onto his soapbox.

Taylor has shown that losing money doesn't bother him since he's paid 20 grand to wear the socks of his choice. The real deterrent from this happening again is the ejection. I guarantee it hurt sitting in that lockerroom by himself.

And with the Bucs going deep late in the game to try to tie the score, his absence hurt us A LOT. One game fine, and missing 1.5 quarters of play in a PLAYOFF game. Isn't that enough?

And wskin44 is completely correct - Taylor is actually a pretty clean player. No dirty hits, and barely any hits out of bounds. No Bob Sanders/Denver o-line knee shots. No Roy Williams horse collar tackles. No spearing. Other than the spitting, when is the last time a personal foul was called on him?

Wilbon is being a huge ass.

I can't find fault with most of what he wrote. Wilbon definitely should have acknowledged that being ejected from a close playoff game was a significant punishment for Taylor and the 'Skins, but the part about the questionable fine structure of the NFL is pretty much dead on. Taylor is a football player but just because he has a high motor (which the NFL and its sponsors encourage and profit from) doesn't mean that he should not be held responsible for his actions on the field. I would agree that perhaps a more significant fine was warranted in this case. I would also be quick to assert that he should not miss any more playing time over this.

Archived