Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wilbon DISSING Sean Taylor

autographcollector

Wilbon isnt a Skins fan. He's a Bears fan.

FACT: Sports writers LOVE to pile on athletes when they do something dumb. Because sportswriters WANTED to be pro athletes, they just didnt have the talent. This makes them feel superior.

Disregard.

FACT: If athletes do something dumb, sportswriters will write about it. That's what they do. They're writers, and they write about people who play sports.

If the NFL is willing to fine Clinton Portis $20,000 for wearing the wrong socks and a tinted visor, one would think the league could muster up the courage to really hammer anybody who had the gall to spit in another man's face during a game, right in front of the referee no less.

Since the NFL fined Redskins safety Sean Taylor only $17,000 yesterday for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman, the only thing we can conclude is that the league is more offended by mismatched socks than having one of its players ejected during a playoff game for doing something truly vile and detestable.

It really is hard to find fault with this statement. $20,000 for mixed match socks, but $17,000 for spitting in the face of an opposing player? Doesn't make much sense if you ask me. As a Skins fan, I'm glad Sean is playing on Saturday, because he's a great player, and he scares the crap out of the opposing players...but as a person he does appear to have much growing up to do.

Well, unfortunately. I have to agree with him on a lot of points. It's not dissing if he's speaking the truth, and that's all I see in that article.

The truth is a matter of perspective.

There has still not been any solid proof that he did indeed spit.

We have the word of an official and we know how trustworthy they are.

Oh and the word of a Wife Beater.

Let me see, Gibbs, the coaching staff and his teammates back him up.

I have a good feeling who I am going to beleive.

Give you a tiny hint, its not the zebra or the wife beater.

It really is hard to find fault with this statement. $20,000 for mixed match socks, but $17,000 for spitting in the face of an opposing player? Doesn't make much sense if you ask me.

Makes perfect since if it did not happen and the NFL is trying to cover its track and not look stupid.

Where is the proof.

They may have not been able to find any and just threw the fine out because the Ref said he saw it.

Also why was he not suspended if that was the case.

Romo sits to pee was when he did it, so by that right ST should have been to.

Bottom line not enough proof to convict, just a token fine.

You need to get one thing straight. Sean is a fantastic athlete, but he's a freakin' thug; a thug with money.

You'll never be able to take that out of him, and I say god bless. Spittin' on people, late hits, I call it fired up. We need his kind to straight up intimidate our opponents.

Look, I am fan of sportmanship as much as the next guy. But if your looking for Taylor to be a beacon of decency, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Come off it. Wilbon is primarily a Bears fan, but in no way does he dislike the Skins. He's always pulled for the team and he's been in D.C. for about 20 years. Being a fan shouldn't necessitate complete removal from reality.

In my opinion, Wilbon has a vast amount of integrity. And in fact, he's one of my favorite sports writers - period - because of his tough-mindedness. I disagree with him quite frequently, but I appreciate his individuality. He's a columnist, not a reporter and not a publicist.

And, much as I love my man ST, Wilbon is right.

The truth is a matter of perspective.

There has still not been any solid proof that he did indeed spit.

We have the word of an official and we know how trustworthy they are.

Oh and the word of a Wife Beater.

Let me see, Gibbs, the coaching staff and his teammates back him up.

I have a good feeling who I am going to beleive.

Give you a tiny hint, its not the zebra or the wife beater.

Yes, Yes, I know...atleast in PUBLIC they are backing him, lord knows what was said behind closed doors.

The simple fact is, a lot of trouble is finding Sean Taylor. I have to believe that a lot of it is on him.

The last thing I want to happen, is for anything to distract from a Skins win on Saturday. As a Redskin fan, that's priority number one to me, but anybody can see that Taylor has some demons he's going to have to exorcise sooner or later, or he's going to continue to get himself into trouble. This spitting incident is only the latest in a long line of problems with him, and it's not the first time he's been accused of spitting. Once you get a reputation as a trouble maker, or thug, it's hard to kick it, and people are constantly looking at you. That's not just on the field, that's in life.

Makes perfect since if it did not happen and the NFL is trying to cover its track and not look stupid.

Where is the proof.

They may have not been able to find any and just threw the fine out because the Ref said he saw it.

Also why was he not suspended if that was the case.

Romo sits to pee was when he did it, so by that right ST should have been to.

Bottom line not enough proof to convict, just a token fine.

Romo sits to pee wasnt suspended, just fined $7,500

Wilbon always piles on, I am not surprised

Ironic its my two teams he is piling on, talking about thug atheletes in DC and in Blacksburg

I will call a spade a spade though. BOTH these guys have serious maturity issues. I think Sean Taylor has woken up from last offseason, we will see what happens this year in the offseason, and Marcus Vick has a very very long way to go to get his life back together

Micheal aint going to keep the cash flowing for long

It really is hard to find fault with this statement. $20,000 for mixed match socks, but $17,000 for spitting in the face of an opposing player? Doesn't make much sense if you ask me. As a Skins fan, I'm glad Sean is playing on Saturday, because he's a great player, and he scares the crap out of the opposing players...but as a person he does appear to have much growing up to do.

Wasn't the $20,000 more than usual because it wasn't his first fine for the matter? And if Romo sits to pee only got fined $7,500 when you could clearly see the spit, then $17,000 is stepping it up quite a bit.

By fear or not, Mr. Sean "Lights out" Taylor, is gonna get his respect... Enough said!

Quote: Micheal Wilbon -

Have you noticed that more receivers are dropping balls against the Redskins than in previous seasons? That's largely because they're distracted by the presence Sean Taylor. Yes, there are players who are afraid of Taylor...

I don't find fault with Wilbon for taking a strong position, I just don't think its very logical.

You can't excessively punish a player because of his 'reputation'. Taylor was already ejected from a major portion of a crucial game. His absence could have cost his team the game. $17,000, for an action that 'may have happened', is pretty stiff. And if the NFL wants to levy ridiculous fines for attire violations, thats not Sean Taylor's fault either.

Oh. And btw,Taylor's also not responsible for what Marcus Vick does.

I'll judge Taylor by what I've seen on the field this year, and what I've heard his teammates and coaches say about him. Not based on his 'rep'. He may or may not have done something stupid in the heat of the moment. Regardless, no felonies were committed.

Archived