Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Defense Thinks it can contain anybody

TD_washingtonredskins

Do you guys get the feeling that these guys just brim with confidence??

I mean, their demeanor on the field tells me that they're not worried about Hasselback, Alexander, Jackson, etc. this weekend. They think they can stop anyone.

Case in point vs. TB:

Lavar jumps offsides on 3rd and 5 to give TB a first down. The Fox broadcast shows a few close ups on the field and the players on D are laughing and hitting him on the head. No anger or panic (like I had), they were more giving him a hard time about it. It's almost like they enjoyed the challenge of having a fresh set of downs.

I guess I just feel as though the players honestly believe they have a great shot at every game they're about to play and don't worry about who is on the other side of the line of scrimmage the way the writers, media, and fans do.

I saw that to. Marcus Washington was right there with a big smile on his face. I think he's the leader of this defense. He relishes in taking on those challenges, and I think the rest of the guys feed off that. That was such a great signing.

TD, I noticed that as well. These guys are strictly business and they know their job so well they are having fun and enjoying this.

I call it the Joe Gibbs effect. Football is a game and sometimes us fans take it too seriously. These guys are just out there having fun.

TD, I noticed that as well. These guys are strictly business and they know their job so well they are having fun and enjoying this.

I call it the Joe Gibbs effect. Football is a game and sometimes us fans take it too seriously. These guys are just out there having fun.

I think you hit the nail on the head. They are out there having fun because they are doing well. They know they'll give Seattle all it can handle on Saturday (win or lose) and that's all they can do!

I just noticed it because in past years, you'd see some people barking about it on the field or showing frustration or disappointment....not this year!

I really do love this team!

Fun is good to have. Laughing after boneheaded mistakes is great. Just dont do them again

I did not like that play because LaVar did not try to get back behind the LOS. We had several neutral zone infractions where players were able to get back after jumping. In a tighly contested playoff game this could have been a costly mistake.

Confidence is good, brushing off mistakes is good. ****iness and irresponsibility is bad.

Archived