Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Problem w/JG's prevent O

dmauro1

Yes, I'm an ass jester for constantly ****ing about JG's O all year long but this week gave a new prospective. Is it fair to the D that plays their guts out every single down of every single week?..these guys play w/the heart that JG talks about, not the O(and yes, they are GW's squad).

Of course you dont want to risk turns over when youre leading but only 2tds is not very much in today's NFL. Hey, if you're up by 28, run it up the middle w/o worrying about getting a first down but in that game they didnt even try to get a first down. Yeah we won but that strategy isnt good. Other than being bs to the D, it increases the risk on injury to the D as they are constantly out there battling. In today's NFL no team trully dominates so the more the D gets put out on the field and if fatigue or sorts sets in, the D might start to break even if its playing great. That's happened in more than a few games the last 2 seasons. Then all the fans cry that our D "got torched" when they played great but we didnt keep them off the field. Our D is top 5 in my opinion but it can only work so many miracles like last week.

When I read a post game article it was summed up great. MB was saying how he didnt care the O was terrible, we won, no worries. Joe Sal. on the other side said "we were good but not good enough".

Dude,

We forced a green QB and Running Back to beat us. The game plan was genious IMO. On the other hand we were playing the #1 Defense in the league. In that game we gave Tampa the ultimate respect by totally shutting it down.

Our defense won the game because that was how that game was going to be won.

Remember

Chris Simms

Cadillac Williams

were not going to beat us.

Have a nice day.

Is it fair to the D that plays their guts out every single down of every single week?..

Just how short is your memory??? We have just won 6 straight! Of those 6 wins, we put it all on the Defense just twice. Of the remaining 4 game, 3 were won by our Offense. And Arizona was won by Special Teams...

Hey, have you had your cheeks waxed?? They look so shiny! You need to work on getting your head out of you ass. Try posting something positive once in a while! Nothing like an offense who wins playoff games hey?? I am sure there are other message boards out there you can join. Good riddins

Ha ha ha. I was somewhat disappointed that our offense didn't control the ball a little better; but we were playing the #1 defense.

Last night I watched a Redskin show on TV with Trevor Mattich (sp?) where he said he thought Joe Gibbs called a brilliant game. After finding us up by 14 points Joe Gibbs knew that the only way the Bucs could win is if we made turnovers that would give them the ball with a short field. The most likely cause of a turnover is on passing plays (sack causing fumble or tipped ball causing interception); so the best strategy is don't rely on passing plays but instead protect the football and win with our defense. Joe Gibbs was right. We won. Case closed.

Will our offense be any different against the Seahawks? If we find us 14 point ahead then probably not. If we don't have a two score lead then I'll bet we will have a more wide open offense. Joe Gibbs know how to win.

After we had a 14 point lead...Gibbs told Brunell to simply manage the game...and that was exactly what MB did...it was brilliant. JG knows exactly what he's doing. I don't care how we got the "W"...we got it and that is all that matters. For all of you that are "scared" about next week...RELAX. JG will approach this game much differently than the Bucs game...expect to see the Offense open it up a bit against a good (but not great) 'Hawks D. If anything...we were battle tested against a VERY dominating Tampa D and it will show this Saturday. It's almost like riding a treadmill with the resistance turned all the way up...as soon as you turn that resistance down...it becomes a Hell of a lot easier...you'll see!

Archived