Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it me or did we get ripped apart more for winning, than the Giants did for losing?

Guest sith lord

actually i just LOVE this disrespect of the 'Skins (hold on, don't click that reply button just yet!). Think about it, this serves the 'Skins the best; opponents under estimate us, and we get pumped up to play those same opponents. As Sean "the grim reaper" Taylor said :" we don't want respect, we don't need respect.. until we play you!"

Did anyone notice at the end of the game at the Chucky (Gruden) press conference. Usually at some point the headcoach says something to the effect of " Give those guys the credit they played great defensively and they just hung in there and beat us." But Chucky not once gave the Redskins an ounce of credit for beating his team in their backyard. He did however give his team all the praise in the world, it was like the things he said about his guys was what he should have been saying to us. So I looked on the Tampa website and from reading their webpage coverage, you would swear they won that game, I will try to post it here shortly and you can read it for yourself and tell me does it not look like they won http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=4970

Chosen,

You must be kidding???

I don't live in NY so I don't see what you do. Certainly on a national level they've NEVER been Giants "fans" as you suggest. I'm thinking that each fan feels this way, well, maybe not Packer fans, but as a Giants fan, I've never seen any kind of "love" for them.

Most fans want the media to feel just like they do about their team and as I said, that only works for Packer fans.

The Giants got their arses kicked, but the comments that you posted aren't innaccurate. You typed 4 lines that are all accurate...where's your beef?

Again, you'd probably be OK with those comments if they would also have said, "boy, that Washington defense kicked Tampa's arse".

Tiki gets mention in Richmond...the Giants get nada. (which I completely understand)

']I think you can say that the Panthers defense being ranked 3rd is great.

The reason that this happened is' date=' the Giants played awful on offense and lost the game. Something you would expect to happen. The Redskins played awful on offense but won the game. I would guess in the media's eyes, they probably think the Skins didn't deserve to win because of how they played offensively. The only thing is, they deserved to win because of how they played defensively.[/quote']

Tom,

That is very well said.. and so true....

But these announcers are the same announcers that will say "Defense wins championships"... if they were consistent in what they said.. I could understand them ragging on us for winning with such a poor offensive performance, while sympathizing with the Giants for such a poor offensive performance.

But if Team A that plays with a great defense ends up beating Team B who has a great offense, in the SuperBowl.. those same people are going to talk about how defense wins championships. It happens every year. It would be fine if they were consistent. But they're not.

I'm not sure if it's Snyder, the fact Gibbs came back, the fact we're in a political hot spot, or what.. but it seems that with few exceptions, we get very little respect across the board. I honestly don't remember this being the case when Cooke was the owner.. so I'm wondering if it's more lack of respect for Snyder than anything.. but he's just a fan that bought a team, spent money to try to "buy a winner", made mistakes, but is learning from those mistakes, and then got Joe Gibbs back, who now turned this team around in two years from 6-10 to 10-6 and now going to the second round of the playoffs. You can't fault an owner who grew up a fan of the team he now owns who wants a winner... even if he started going about it the wrong way. The intention was correct, the method was in error.

We may never know. It will be interesting, should we beat Seattle, and if Chicago beats Carolina.. what is said then.. for then it will be a game of defense.

Archived