Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it me or did we get ripped apart more for winning, than the Giants did for losing?

Guest sith lord

I hope we only get 60 yards next week and get the "W"! Let the press talk about that "Ordinary Joe".

My world would be more than fine with that scenario. In fact, I could observe people having some interesting times on here, and watching the mediots, with such an occurrence :laugh:

Most of the "national" sports media is based where???? Oh yeah.......NYC and the 'burbs thereof....

If you read their papers, listen to their radio, or - better yet - spend a little time there then the lack of objectivity quickly becomes obvious. These are the most self-centered bunch of egomaniacs in the world. I have known folks who actually brag about how long it's been since they were last off "the Island" (aka Manhattan). To them, there is NO LIFE:

- North of New Haven, CT

- South of Newark, NJ

- West of the Hudson River

- East of....well....the East River

ESPN, SI & the like would rather poke their own eyes out with blunt sticks than give respect to the 'Skins. That's fine. To borrow a phrase from Mr. PotatoE-head:

"I wear their scorn as a badge of honor!"

Cheers,

CLBinMD

It has gotten ridiculous. We got more ripped apart for beating Tampa Bay than Tampa Bay got for losing to us.

Thats amazing...

But hey what do you expect from people who make a living copying each other for ratings....

If ESPN says it then all the other bone head "analyst " are gonna piggy back off of them and spin it a little. There are only a few who go out on a limb and actually give reasonable facts about a team or a game ie: ( Chris Collinsworth)

But hey as long as we continue to play Redskin football the media will continue to look stupid. :D

I have noticed that too. And Franctly, I've come to the conclusion none of those TV premadonna's matter. It was the same way after the first Eagles game when we won. All they did was talk about the Eagles recievers.

Let us not forget that it was also the same way for the Patriots during their road to threir first Superbowl win in 2001 which put them into a dynasty and out to be the first of many. Heck, even the season after they didn't get no respect. It wasn't until their second one that the media fell in love with them.

Looks like it will be the same for us, and if that disrespected from the media means winning championships, I'll take it!

I hope we only get 60 yards next week and get the "W"! Let the press talk about that "Ordinary Joe".

I am definitely a fan of defense...I love it when they take the game over...but enough of the sub 100-yard games on offense...:laugh: They're not too good for the ticker!! :laugh:

The plan was obvious as the game went on. Take no chances against the Bucs' D, especially with a two TD lead. Give their Offense the middle of the field and let them dink & dunk themselves into security, then pound on them. Even the Coaches have said so, but it's two days later and the media is still harping on how "disappointing" we are.

Yeah, Steve Young made some idiotic comments after the game about sitting on a lead. Who cares about what the offense did or didn't do?! The bottom line is, we won the game. It could have been 3-0 and it would have been considered a classic defensive battle for the ages. Talked about for years as a great game. We won as a team. 17-10. Not too irrespectable!

True!

It pissed me off in the middle of my celebration too, and it validated the many comments made in Washington about not getting the respect our team works so hard for. But wasn't it great after Steve Young made those comments and there was an obvious moment of silence amongst the four of them...then one of them said something like "well............a wins a win!", and they all had to agree.

:cheers:

Absolutely, we have been getting positively RIPPED for winning that game. It's like the national media expects us to apologize and concede to the Bucs for not posting over 125 yards of offense.

Apparently everyone forgot we were facing the NFL's #1 defense IN THEIR HOUSE. Would they rather we had a repeat of that 36-35 debacle? No thanks, I'll take the "W".

Nevermind that we lost probably our best offensive lineman (Thomas) just a short time ago and our QB is gimpy and still not 100%. The offense will not have two games in a row like that, and Seattle's defense is a FAR cry from Tampa's.

We're back. Get over it, media cranks.

Who cares what they say. We didn't play well on offense, but neither did the Bucs. For all of the yards they had they only managed 10 points. The Skins always get ripped because our wins are never pretty. The bottom line is a win is a win and that's all that matters. We also had a banged up Clinton Portis which slowed our offense down. Hey the Baltimore Ravens won ugly in 2000 with not much of an offense. I'll take it if it means the Redskins will win the Superbowl.

You are not alone in that observation. They were almost coddling Eli and Gnats fans for their loss. I guess they thought the G-girls played better in their loss than we did in our win.

Either way I know what I'll be doing next saturday and it won't involve the Giants.

I rarely watch the media opine about the games coming-up or having just ended.

The Giants got their arses handed to them and lost.

Tom is right.

Another reason that the media sorts are doing this could be the number of questionable calls and Taylor's spitting(ya, I know some of you think that the ref made it up).

Living in New York, I absolutely feel the same way as the starter of this thread. The Giants have been the NFC media darlings all season, and I was looking forward to seeing how anyone could possibly put a positive spin on the old fashioned whupping Carolina put on them.

True to form for the media, very little negative:

"Young Eli, he'll be doing it next year, and for years to come."

"Tiki COULD have rushed for 100 yards, but the Giants were playing catch up all game."

Even better was the local media's spin on the loss. I made sure to catch every local newscast I could last night. Some gems:

1. "You can't feel too bad about losing to a team that is two years removed from the Super bowl."

2. "You know, many people were picking the Panthers in the preseason to go all the way to the Super Bowl. I think they have a chance."

HA! Who are the "Beasts of the East" now?

My theory on the New York apologists: self preservation.

After much reflection, I'm convinced that since most of the media pundits live around New York, they're afraid to enrage the New York fanbase around here. Coworkers, friends, the gas station attendant, the guy cooking their food in every restaurant they eat at with their kids- Everyone they deal with on a daily basis are probably a mix of Giants and Pats fans. It can be boiled down to a self preservation type of thing.

I actually give a guy like Sean Salisbury a (very) little credit, because he dishes out his crappy analysis and crap talking pretty evenly around the league.

Guys like Berman and Dr. Z shamelessly give their media version of oral pleasure to the Giants every week.

Truly an enjoyable Redskins win and Giants loss. What a great weekend for football!

Archived