Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it me or did we get ripped apart more for winning, than the Giants did for losing?

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

I'm not one to complain about the lack of respect the Redskins recieves, but why did we get tore apart for winning on the road and the Giants get a bye for laying a big huge egg at home? Our offense played horrible against a great defense on the road. The Giants offense played horrible against a good defense at home. What was their excuse?

I'm not one of the people who complain that the "Skins don't get no respect" because I could care less about what the media thinks. But I do expect them to be fair.

I think you can say that the Panthers defense being ranked 3rd is great.

The reason that this happened is, the Giants played awful on offense and lost the game. Something you would expect to happen. The Redskins played awful on offense but won the game. I would guess in the media's eyes, they probably think the Skins didn't deserve to win because of how they played offensively. The only thing is, they deserved to win because of how they played defensively.

You are not alone in that observation. They were almost coddling Eli and Gnats fans for their loss. I guess they thought the G-girls played better in their loss than we did in our win.

Either way I know what I'll be doing next saturday and it won't involve the Giants.

Yeah, Steve Young made some idiotic comments after the game about sitting on a lead. Who cares about what the offense did or didn't do?! The bottom line is, we won the game. It could have been 3-0 and it would have been considered a classic defensive battle for the ages. Talked about for years as a great game. We won as a team. 17-10. Not too irrespectable!

Guest sith lord
']I think you can say that the Panthers defense being ranked 3rd is great.

The reason that this happened is' date=' the Giants played awful on offense and lost the game. Something you would expect to happen. The Redskins played awful on offense but won the game. I would guess in the media's eyes, they probably think the Skins didn't deserve to win because of how they played offensively. The only thing is, they deserved to win because of how they played defensively.[/quote']

I believe you're right. But I'm defenantly will be watching NFL Primetime to hear what Berman and Jackson has to say.

Part of it, I think, is that the Giants just aren't relevant anymore. NY and JAX got housed, so give them a pat on the back and be on your way. Us?

We're still in the running, and they're getting the ball rolling for pre-game analysis ...

Just a thought

HAIL

lol

Yeah, tune in at 10 p.m. EST for NFL Primetime and Berman's last:

"GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGMEN"

of the year....!!! :gaintsuck

CAREFUL!!!!

I had a thread deleted today that was titled

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGMEN................ :laugh:

Don't worry about it, the fact is the media likes offense, not defense; its better for the highlight reels. If we when next week they wont be able to ignore the fact that we are a good team, we've just found a different way to win every week since our streak began: STL a mediocre effort on both sides of the ball, we did enough to win; ARZ- special teams and defense won this one, DAL- an all around ass-thumping by the skins, NYG Steady play on both sides of the ball, strong passing game; PHI- wait for the birds to self destruct while our offense did enough to keep the score close; TB smother the other team's offense and capitalize on turnovers.

So sorry to the media pundits who love the gun slinging mentality of a Favre or a Peyton Manning. Yes its more fun to watch them (if you're not a skins fan of course) but all we care about is winning games!

So hang not your head low fellow skins fan. We've already proven all of the haters wrong all season long, and few if any have admitted they were wrong. Why would they start now.

I now see what people have been saying about Tom Jackson. He hates to see us succeed and Steve Young and even crackhead himself were laughing at Jackson because of his clear hatred towards the 'Skins.

I will be watching Primetime at ten and I can pretty much tell you what is already going to be said and that is the Giants have nothing to be ashame of because they had a great season, Tiki had a season for the ages and Eli will lead the Giants to prominence for years to come......blah blah blah.

The bottom line is the Giants were looking like anything but a division champ. Eli looked like a Sheli, Shockey has completely vanished, Burress showed why only the Giants took a chance on him and could Coughlin cry anymore than he already does? :gaintsuck

NFC EAST

'Skins 5-1

Giants 4-2

'nuff said. :point2sky

It's true what the threadstarter observes, because I see it too and so does everyone else here. The Giants got shut out AT HOME and they don't see anything eggregiously ridiculous about their horrific play at QB and the disappearance of Tiki Barber --- but they all start laughing and mocking our offensive performance yesterday,

In fact, the magic talking points of the ESPN hacks was either quoting Mark Brunell's passing stat line of 7 for 15 for 41 yards or quoting our 125 or whatever yards of total offense.

Did anyone see Tom Jackson's face scoff and snicker like a demented and disfigured mule when Berman brought up the game yesterday? Steve Young criticized us for sitting on a lead and then said, "I think this was a wake up call for the Redskins and maybe this will motivate them for next week and ---" when suddenly Jackson interupted him, morphed his face into the aforementioned disfigured mule, and laughingly and arrogantly spouted off Brunell's stat line and our total yards.

Irvin followed by saying, "Washington's gonna fix this, they will get Santana Moss involved, we know they can, and Seattle's defense is good, but not as good as Tampa's, and ---"

and Jackson again interrupted at this point to laughingly scoff, braying like a donkey, "You don't actually think the Redskins can go into Seattle and win do you???" and then Berman, who looked to me like he was enjoying the whole outburst, simply moved on to the next topic.

I understand now why Berman and Jackson are more tolerable during NFL Primetime, it's because what they say for every highlight is scripted and there's far more positive spin no matter what. That's why they are more enjoyable and stomachable.

During pre-game analysis, however, you see their true hatred (Tom Jackson) or amused bandwagon-riding indifference (Berman).

Scum all told.

Part of it, I think, is that the Giants just aren't relevant anymore. NY and JAX got housed, so give them a pat on the back and be on your way. Us?

We're still in the running, and they're getting the ball rolling for pre-game analysis ...

Just a thought

HAIL

There's a lot of truth to that. We played almost as badly as the Giants on offense. (Both teams put up simply pathetic yardage totals, but the 'skins didn't turn it over like the Giants) Our defense, however, was superb.

I expect to get criticism after only gaining 120 yards. Honestly I've got no problem with that as long as the same 'analysts' mention how well the defense is playing. Funny that Pasquarelli wrote the most positive article of the national analysts isn't it?

Hey Tom, great post. Everyone seems so offensive minded, like the defense just shows up for giggles or something. There have been several Superbowl teams who won by defense, with little offensive output. The anaylst that have been ragging on the Skins all year just have to find a way to hate even if we win. Redskins will never get any respect this year unless they make it to the SuperBowl. Start looking for respect fellas.

Archived