Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bradshaw does it again

The Batman

Brunell is still a great QB,and it would be foolish for Gibbs to change anything.Im just a little worried the team used all of there energy playing the last 6 games(not a negative comment,just something I think about).The D is great and if the offence is off next week,im possitive the defence will continue to pull the team through.Williams and Gibbs have a lot up there sleves to use in any situtations...just my :2cents: :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :point2sky

Brunell is still a great QB,and it would be foolish for Gibbs to change anything.Im just a little worried the team used all of there energy playing the last 6 games(not a negative comment,just something I think about).The D is great and if the offence is off next week,im possitive the defence will continue to pull the team through.Williams and Gibbs have a lot up there sleves to use in any situtations...just my :2cents: :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :seahawksu :point2sky

Amen to that, brother.

Just watching the Panthers-Giants game, and Terry Bradshaw was talking about the muffed punt by the Giants and he said something like the team that commits the fewest mistakes is going to win. I'd like to take that as a segue into this thing about Brunell. Guys, listen to yourselves. We've won 6 straight, and we've got a veteran leader in Brunell. He's intelligent, he doesn't take chances, and he doesn't play the hero. When people play the hero, THEY LOSE. Look at the last 4 years of Indianapolis football. Every time Manning played the hero, he had grossly inflated stats, and yet his team managed to lose. The fact is, we found a way to win, not in spite of Brunell's play, but with the aid of our leader. There's not even a need to mention that there's a better player on the bench [how soon we forget how many times Ramsey manages to put the ball neatly in the hands of the defenders] because there isn't. Experience is golden in the playoffs, and so is playing safe, and Brunell has both in spades. Ramsey seems to have neither. I simply can't imagine putting Ramsey into the game with his 2 int minimum a game in situations like we're in. If the defense doesn't show up, the offense wins it. [Giants v Redskins to a certain extent] And if the offense doesn't show up, the defense wins it. And if both show up, we can beat anyone in the league. So why mess with a winning formula? Brunell is winning us games with his excellent decision making and intelligent game management. Place your confidence in him and in Joe Gibbs and maybe instead of whining about his play you can give him a shot of confidence. Because he will be the starter, and he should be.

Just my $0.02.

:logo:

You can't get mad at Gibbs either, because he has a proven track record. We might not like to watch Gibbs call the game this way, but we sure like the results....and like i said, his track record speaks for itself. I wasn't pretty yesterday, but we won......who knows what would've happened if Gibbs had tried to be aggressive against a great defense like Tampa.......Gibbs goes with what he knows...and it's hard to argue against his results.

Exactly. Everytime that I think, "Oh, here goes Joe, going conservative again," I then stop and ask, "Wait, how many Super Bowls have I coached my way to?"

After that, I typically settle down. :)

Success leaves clues. I trust Coach Joe. :logo:

you sound like a cult leader. If Marcus Washington doesn't fumble that ball that Taylor returns for a TD, Brunell comes out there goes 3 and out and we don't score. Don't mistake what happened yesterday. Brunell, granted, had little time to throw, but he doesn't step in to throws anyways, he does the little backstep/throw the ball away. Also, he missed Moss on the fake hitch, the one play that couldve broken it open. It has to be frustrating for this athletic, talented team to be hobbled by someone literally and metaphorically on their last legs. If he plays that way in the first half, something has to be done. This team has too much ability aside from the passing game to waste this golden opportunity.

You could call me a cult leader. Know what it's called?

The Cult of Stability.

You should look into it sometime. It wins Super Bowls. And it's also why Gregg Williams is the highest paid assistant in the NFL.

You guys sound like Tampa fans. Enjoy the win, quit whining about how we got it. Think how happy we'd be if this was the Norv era.

:logo:

Archived