Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst Play Calling I have ever seen?

MCruz1984

A lot of you guys are talking about wanting Ramsey to step in...I have to disagree...I think Brunell can do great things on the field, but I don't think he has been given the fair chance to prove his worth as of late...Especially with today's game...Don't get me wrong, Just like you guys I love Joe Gibbs...Best coach the game has ever seen, but his playcalling today was mediocre at best...We ran the ball almost every 1st and 2nd down...Our run went no where...So now Brunell is forced to only have one chance for the first down on 3rd down against a blitzing and formidable Buc Defense...Coach Gibbs always praises Mark Brunell yet he gives almost every play to Portis...Portis is the man, but damn let Brunell play some to...GO SKINS....GO BRUNELL...HERE WE COME SEATTLE!!!:helmet: :logo: :point2sky :cheers:

Dude, feeding CP the ball is what has gotten us here. Even if he is only getting three yards a carry, we need to rely on the run. You can't just throw deep every play. Some people do not realize that you have to have a reliable running game in order to set up the pass, especially in a Joe Gibbs offense.

This isn't Madden. You don't get a lead in the playoffs and start chucking it all over the place. They didn't have a dominant offense either. They were turning the ball over and we had a 14 pt lead.

With a 14 pt lead at the half, you put the ball in your RB's hands on first and second down and hope for a first. If you don't get it, you try a short pass for the first and then if you don't get that, you punt and put it in your defenses hands.

It's not about stats or numbers in the playoffs. It's about Wins and protecting a lead to get a Win.

I'll say this, this is the only place where people will complain about a win in the playoffs. You'd swear we're in the playoffs every year.

:applause::applause::applause:

A lot of you guys are talking about wanting Ramsey to step in...I have to disagree...I think Brunell can do great things on the field, but I don't think he has been given the fair chance to prove his worth as of late...Especially with today's game...Don't get me wrong, Just like you guys I love Joe Gibbs...Best coach the game has ever seen, but his playcalling today was mediocre at best...We ran the ball almost every 1st and 2nd down...Our run went no where...So now Brunell is forced to only have one chance for the first down on 3rd down against a blitzing and formidable Buc Defense...Coach Gibbs always praises Mark Brunell yet he gives almost every play to Portis...Portis is the man, but damn let Brunell play some to...GO SKINS....GO BRUNELL...HERE WE COME SEATTLE!!!:helmet: :logo: :point2sky :cheers:

I agree, it wasn't very good play calling....

it reminded me of loosing to TB,OAK, SD.....

run-run-pass-punt-give the ball back to the opponents offense with no time left and just enough time for us to loose formula is crap...

i dont understand it...why are we giving the ball back to them and not even trying to get a first down or put points on the board?

this is really frustrating, we didnt loose, but we cant be too conservative that it will cost us games like our earlier slump.....

when everyone can call a run that isnt good play calling.

I agree, it wasn't very good play calling....

it reminded me of loosing to TB,OAK, SD.....

run-run-pass-punt-give the ball back to the opponents offense with no time left and just enough time for us to loose formula is crap...

i dont understand it...why are we giving the ball back to them and not even trying to get a first down or put points on the board?

this is really frustrating, we didnt loose, but we cant be too conservative that it will cost us games like our earlier slump.....

when everyone can call a run that isnt good play calling.

Would you rather give the Barber bunch another shot for an interception?

Brunell was doing what the coach told him too. I'll take a win over stats any day:cheers:

But we won because of Greg Williams and the Defense. Not because of Joe Gibb's conservative offense. We had absolutely no offense at all.

No this isn't the worst playcalling you've ever seen. during the three game losing streak, the play calling was even worse.

what to hope for in Seatle:

-Healthy brunell - He Skipped the ball to Santana Moss, Did he not?

-Better Playcalling - Ok, But I think running Portis Outside would even help a little bit

This isn't Madden. You don't get a lead in the playoffs and start chucking it all over the place. They didn't have a dominant offense either. They were turning the ball over and we had a 14 pt lead.

With a 14 pt lead at the half, you put the ball in your RB's hands on first and second down and hope for a first. If you don't get it, you try a short pass for the first and then if you don't get that, you punt and put it in your defenses hands.

It's not about stats or numbers in the playoffs. It's about Wins and protecting a lead to get a Win.

I'll say this, this is the only place where people will complain about a win in the playoffs. You'd swear we're in the playoffs every year.

Were up by 14...It made sense to run the clock down in the fourth, but they tried the same crap during the whole 2nd half...Gibbs wasn't trying to run the clock in the third, he was trying to move the football and heighten our lead, but the run went no where...You have a veteran QB...Use Him..I could have been the QB for the skins today...GO SKINS

The Defense won the game!!!The offensive playcalling nearly lost the game for us...GO FIGURE.

Hmm... I think that it's not flashy to not score a lot of points. If your QB is off, Portis is hurt, and your own defense is playing out of its mind, then the best playcalling is to be conservative, run it up the gut, don't fumble, and chew up the clock. EVEN if it doesn't put any points up on the board.

This strategy worked, the proof is in the pudding.

Different offensive playcalling (more passes, clock stoppage, exposing the ball, risking interceptions) might have cost us the game for sure. It would have given the Bucs more opportunities to win the game.

Let us know how you would have managed the game better. I trust in Gibbs and Co. You obviously don't. Gibbs has 3 Super Bowl rings, he plays like this EVERY TIME. I'm not sure of your credentials.

Go figure.

The defensive play calling won the game, I think he was referring to the offensive play calling

I was referring to the offensive play calling too. There is more than one way to win a game. And there is more than one way to lose a game. Tampa Bay's defense was playing just awesome. Being more aggressive like the original poster is suggesting easily could have cost us the game too (remember that their defense is excellent in scoring touchdowns too). Doesn't work every single time, but our conservative play calling yesterday is the high percentage play when you're leading in a playoff game.

Gibbs has never lost a playoff game when he was leading at the half. Trust in Gibbs.

Hmm... I think that it's not flashy to not score a lot of points. If your QB is off, Portis is hurt, and your own defense is playing out of its mind, then the best playcalling is to be conservative, run it up the gut, don't fumble, and chew up the clock. EVEN if it doesn't put any points up on the board.

This strategy worked, the proof is in the pudding.

Different offensive playcalling (more passes, clock stoppage, exposing the ball, risking interceptions) might have cost us the game for sure. It would have given the Bucs more opportunities to win the game.

Let us know how you would have managed the game better. I trust in Gibbs and Co. You obviously don't. Gibbs has 3 Super Bowl rings, he plays like this EVERY TIME. I'm not sure of your credentials.

Go figure.

Well your Gibbs and Co. are still human...And they make mistakes...Did you still trust Gibbs and his staff at our 36-0 loss to the Giants...I don't think its my credentials, I think it is your ignorance...I would have let Brunell throw the ball...Live it up now, that playcalling is going to kill us on Saturday...Guarantee....God I wish we can get passed Seattle, but that will only happen if our QB can do his job...:cheers:

Archived