Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is that a tube of dentu-grip in your pocket...

SassySkinsChick

Should Vince Young Come OUT?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should Vince Young Come OUT?

• YES
    • NO

...or are you just happy to see me? ;)

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=1375693

DAR RAPIDS, Iowa Dec 5, 2005 — Seniors calling a phone number for answers about the new Medicare prescription drug program reached a phone sex line by mistake.

The Medicare program, criticized by some as confusing, will likely be more confusing to Iowans and others who received a letter from Humana Inc. with an incorrect phone number.

"When things are wrong, why does it always have to be a place like this?" said Dick Brown, spokesman for Humana Inc., one of numerous insurance companies offering coverage for the program that starts Jan. 1. "Why can't they route you to 'Grandma's Daycare?'"

Miners' Notes Reveal Their Final Moments

Survivor Shows Signs of Brain Injury

Tragedy in the Mountain

Brown said a few thousand letters were sent nationwide last month to people asking about Medicare's drug program under Humana. The phone number listed on the letter was one digit off from Humana's correct number, 1-800-992-2551.

A message at the wrong number directed callers to "Intimate Encounters," which offered service for $2.99 or 99 cents per minute, depending on what callers want.

"It's very unfortunate," Brown said, adding a final decision had not been made for sending out a correction.

"As soon as they were made aware of it, they changed the number for subsequent letters," Brown said.

:laugh: This same thing happened in my job. When we moved operations to Mexico some of the product instruction manuals mistakenly were printed with a sex line phone number to call for customer service/support :doh:

At the time I was working as a sort of liason between manufacturing and sales... so I had to call the number to confirm that it was actually happening. I didn't mean to, but I actually started laughing out loud at the office... even though it was a real serious situation I couldn't help it. Probably didn't help my career any :doh:

Some heads rolled on that one...

Archived