Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Texas QB: Vince Young come out?

88Comrade2000

Junior QB: Vince Young just won a national championship. That should ease the pain of not winning the heisman.

Considering their could be a new nfl contract affecting how rookies will be paid in 2007; 2006 might be the final year for rookies to get big $$$.

Vince has nothing left to prove. He could be the #1 or #2 pick.

Should he come out?

I agree with Mando. He is a pridefull individual. But this could possibly be his highest draft level. Its all about "what if's" now. Injuries, no heisman, bad season by chance. Who knows. All I know is RIGHT NOW is a great chance for him to make money, and a chance to go the Saints would be my guess.

I rememeber a few years ago there was another Texas Longhorn who could have been picked in the top ten during the 2002 draft but stayed for his senior year. This guy was already being compared to Champ Bailey, Ty Law, and Charles Woodson. The guy I'm talking about is Nathan Vasher. Vasher decided to return to Texas the following year and in the 2004 draft he tumbled all the down to the 4th round and was selected by the Bears.

Vince Young is good. I don't think he's as good as Leinart or even Chad Henne but he is very good. I think he should come out and forget about the Heisman and get that money while it's still there for him. Okay, he was number 2 in the voting and that already speaks volumes for him. If he stays he might not have a good a season as he did this year or he might get injured. He has a chance to turn pro now.

roy williams stayed for his senior year too, in fact, under mack brown, no underclassmen have ever left early for the draft, they have all stayed for senior seasons

I rememeber a few years ago there was another Texas Longhorn who could have been picked in the top ten during the 2002 draft but stayed for his senior year. This guy was already being compared to Champ Bailey, Ty Law, and Charles Woodson. The guy I'm talking about is Nathan Vasher. Vasher decided to return to Texas the following year and in the 2004 draft he tumbled all the down to the 4th round and was selected by the Bears.

Vince Young is good. I don't think he's as good as Leinart or even Chad Henne but he is very good. I think he should come out and forget about the Heisman and get that money while it's still there for him. Okay, he was number 2 in the voting and that already speaks volumes for him. If he stays he might not have a good a season as he did this year or he might get injured. He has a chance to turn pro now.

Archived