Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Texas didn't win that game, USC lost it!

smartestmaninamerica

I didn't vote, because I don't really think that tells the whole story. USC made some mistakes that cost them the game, but Texas played a great game, and I can't take that away from them.

My current beef is with the people who are trying to call this the best college game ever. Wouldn't the best college game of all time be determined by two great teams, playing flawlessly, at the top of their game? Wouldn't the winner of said game be decided by which team has the most great plays rather than least mistakes? What I saw last night was a very good game between two very good teams. But ultimately USC came out just a little sloppy, and Texas was able to exploit that, and get the win in the end. Definitely not the best game of all time.

I thought last year's Rose Bowl was the best college game of all time. Both teams came up with monster plays all game long. Being a Michigan fan and seeing them lose last year, even I couldn't be upset because I was so impressed with what I had just seen both teams do on the field.

• 2 weeks later...
Face it guys, Texas didn't win that game, USC lost it. It should have been 21 - 0 by the end of the first quarter. USC just kept blowing it:

1. That insane Bush lateral.

2. Going for it with a QB sneak on 4th and 1 on the 15! (Pitch that to Bush and it is an easy first down)

3. Pulling Bush out of the game on 4th and 1 at the end of the game? Again, pitch to Bush around the outside with the box stacked and game over. (That's worse than Oakland sidelining Moss in the goal-line stand againts the Giants.)

4. Burning your last timeout on the 2 point conversion just because you have 12 men on the field when you have only 18 seconds left! - doh! Take the penalty dammit!

5. An incredibly dumb and needless facemask penalty when you have Texas stopped on 3rd down?

6. Not having at least one spy to go after Young wherever he goes in case he tries to run at the end.

7. I could go on and on.

USC is the superior team. They gave that one away.

If these two teams played 4 games, USC would win 3.[/QUOTE]

EXCUSES!

You can't give a game away that you were in up till the end; in a blow-out game ...yes you can give it away & this was no blow-out.

This game was every bit the game expected. Things like 12 men on the field, facemask penalties, poor play calling; ALL parts of PRESSURE PLAY. One team handles it...the other doesn't.

On many of the excuses you mention...they still don't explain the performance UT had to do to get back in scoring positions throughout the 4th. SC had several opportunities to slow them down & stop them. Because SC was getting beat over the middle all night by the tightend & killed on the shotgun-option no huddle, does not mean UT didn't work for it.

If you believe that...then you believe Santana Moss & Brunell were lucky TWICE in the first game against Dallas. As a Skinfan you know all of our life we've been told teams gave us the game. That phrase alone should piss you off.

Be more objective & call it like you see it...not how you feel it. You sound like Matt when he said he felt SC was still the better team seconds after their defeat. SC got embarassed, & it took them a moment to adjust & give respect to UT...it would be good for the SC fans (both fake & 4 real) to adjust as well & give it up.

The "knee" was a payback gift from God. Live by the sword...u die by the sword. SC fans never mention the illegal push victory against the IRISH & unlike what your doing now...Notre Dame never whined...they said SC won, not Dame gave it away!

SC had as many chances to move the ball & score as UT did...UT got it done when needed & SC was overwhelmed; for the first time in 3yrs SC was nervous & fearful of a loss. Well...besides against Notre Dame & the "BIG PUSH" play in the end by Bush helping Matt. (Grin)

"Superior" teams don't allow an opposing QB to generate 400yds 200run/200pass. Certainly it's USC's fault for making Vince's legs run so fast against them. It's SC's fault the UT receivers caught everything down the middle in the second half. It's SC's fault the clock actually ticked, it's SC's fault the field was dry & the lights were so bright & the crowd was so loud & all the restrooms were so packed & the hot dogs cost so much & the mosquitos were biting. If SC did everything wrong & UT did nothing..you may as well blame anything negative on SC.

:doh:

agreed, usc beat themselves. bad coaching, bad decisions and bad mistakes. in my opinion at least 7 times out of 10 usc would have beat texas. that was a good as texas could play and usc played about average at best.

Quit crying...

SC played their A _ S off & you know it. No one in the crowd for SC was screaming/showing disappointment till Vince ran it in on 4th down. SC sucked early in the first half & the 30 min. halftime allowed Matt to shake off that POP he got when trying to be a big league QB & run.

SC gave everything they had to get back in the game...as well as try to put UT away. SC left it out on the field & no SC fans ever questioned P. Carroll for his past coaching attempts.

UT added another chapter to SC & Carroll...Pride,will & want mean nothing if you don't actually believe you might/could lose this game before you play it!

SC played the part of Goliath & they didn't even know it! They were sure it would be tough, but sure they would win. That's why they play the game!

Vince never deserved the Heisman...but to beat (2) Heisman winners at the same time on the same team in the "big" game...kids playing streetball couldn't imagine a bigger college ending where you come back, score on 4th & then have the nerve to go for the throat & punch in a 2 point conv. & force the opponent to score a TD. That...is why Vince got his moment; it meant more to him than Matt & Bush.

Archived