Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brunell in the playoffs

fdarugar

Postseason stats:

127 for 255 passing for 1550 yards 10 TDs and 10 INTs

31 rushes for 129 yards

Overall Record : 4 - 5

Last postseason game: AFC Championship game in Jacksonville in which the Titans won 33-14. The same year the Jags went 14 -2. Their two regular season losses were to? Take a guess? The Titans. :doh:

Not that any of this really matters much, but you asked and I consider myself to be a numbers junkie at times so there you have it. :)

:bucsuck: :point2sky

I've not been a big Brunell homer - as his knee, so goes his throws, it seems - but I'll tell you one thing: Joe gave him a second chance. And then after he blew last season, he gave him a third. And stuck with him in iffy games. And now, with a decent shot at getting to a NFC title game, I think Brunell will be at his best. He's that kind of guy. I think he digs deep and plays a sharp game, gritting through it. Surfe, one can saw that every player plays his best, but this could be alegacy game for him. It's not that way for Simms, Eli, Hasselback, Delhomme. It's on Mark's shoulders, and I think he'll be ready to pay Gibbs back for the season long vote of confidence.

This is a different Mark Brunnel. He has playoff experience and that will help. I think people continue to feel Brunell is the key to our sucess. Brunell is a part of the overall picture, and the Giants game showed that even Patrick Ramsey could get in there and run the offense of Joe Gibbs. This has been a team sucess, not an individual one. That is why I feel so confident about our chances this year. The defense, special teams are also playing at the top of their games at the perfect time.

I think the best thing about having Brunell in the playoffs is his experience. QB's like Chris Simms and Eli Manning could have a hard time adjusting to the pressure and intensity. Lucky for them, they are playing at home....and lucky for us we have a veteran QB, given the fact that we'll be on the road.

Brunell's 2nd year in Jacksonville, the Jags had a losing record with 5 games to play. They won their last 5 games to slip into the playoffs as the #6 seed. Then Brunell led upsets on the road over Buffalo and Denver to get to the AFC championship game where they lost to the Patriots.

He also played in 3 Rose Bowls.

Here's his playoff stats:

BUF--18 for 33, 239 yds, 1td, 2int, JAX won 30-27.

DEN--18 for 29, 245 yds, 2td, 0int, JAX won 30-27.

NE----20 for 38, 190yds, 0td, 2int, JAX lost 6-20.

DEN--18 for 32, 203yds, 0td, 1int, JAX lost 17-42.

NE----14 for 34, 161yds, 1td, 0int, JAX won 25-10.

NYJ---12 for 31, 156yds, 3td, 3int, JAX lost 24-34.

MIA---5 for 9, 105yds, 2td, 0int, JAX won 62-7.

TEN--19 for 38, 226yds, 1td, 2int, JAX lost 14-33.

Overall:

124 for 214, 1525yds, 10td, 10int, 198-182.points for and against.

AVG

15.5 for 26.8, 190.6yds, 1.25td, 1.25int, 24.8-22.8.

Mark is a very good leader on the road. He gets the guys in and out of the huddle. He also keeps the mood easy when the pressure is up. I cannot think of one time this year where we have been called for a delay of game. He has a good awareness of whats going on. He has the tools and experience to lead to a superbowl. I'm a mark brunell homer. Go Mark!!

Archived